Cookie

Cookie's Skyview Terrace Now Featuring 44" Of Pleasure

Here is a side-by-side with the 23" OTB...  All I can say is Dennis has once again over-built the newest addition to the family.  All of the KK goodness poured into this baby and she really isn't that much smaller.  I'm in love with the higher capacity lid space, and as you can see that makes her look bigger than the 23".  The wide fire box / basket are awesome.

post-522-0-58698100-1433038359_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cookie I am speechless, that is quite the set up have.

Your KK's look great together.

How would you compare the 21" to 23". I should be getting delivery of a 23" KK next week or so and I would like to get another one, not sure which one 19", 21" or 23".

If you have the space, I'd get the 21" to go with your 23". With a basket splitter, you can do smaller cooks and conserve fuel. You can always do a smaller cook with a bigger KK, only downside is heat soak will take a little longer. While the 21" looks massive, the 2" of width difference is noticeable when you open her up. The extra 2" in your 23" will be welcome for whole fish and other lengthy items. That said, the high capacity lid in the 23" gives you more height up top. I could see doing two vertical roasted turkeys in the 21".

Love my new setup and ability to run two different temps at once or crank out pizzas 2 at a time for parties, etc.

If you have the space, I'd get the 21" to go with your 23". With a basket splitter, you can do smaller cooks and conserve fuel. You can always do a smaller cook with a bigger KK, only downside is heat soak will take a little longer. While the 21" looks massive, the 2" of width difference is noticeable when you open her up. The extra 2" in your 23" will be welcome for whole fish and other lengthy items. That said, the high capacity lid in the 23" gives you more height up top. I could see doing two vertical roasted turkeys in the 21".

Love my new setup and ability to run two different temps at once or crank out pizzas 2 at a time for parties, etc.

Did you consider getting a second 23"?

I did consider it, in fact, that was my starting position -- to have two identical. I'm happy with the decision though as the high capacity lid on the 21" gives me something I don't have in the 23". At the same time, the 23" gives me that extra two inches that you don't have in the 21". They compliment each other well. If I didn't have to go up one flight of steps to our roof terrace, I might have got the 32", but it took every bit of 5 small delivery guys to get the 21" to our roof. We live on the water and it is not crane accessible.

If I were only going to buy one, I'd get the 23". I also thought that if I got the 21" and didn't like it, I could always sell it and get the second 23", but not even a consideration now. I love it.

Oh, my goodness. That is a beautiful set up you have there.

I had the pleasure of being able to go to Singapore for a meeting last year. The food was outstanding, and I really enjoyed my time there,which was much too short. Couple that with the ability to cook on a KK, and I don’t think there are many places that would be better to live in.