MacKenzie

Mushroom Spinach Quiche

I've had lots of pastry so decided to make a crustless mushroom spinach quicke-

Covered the bottom of the pie plate with 10 ozs of cooked spinach from my garden, spread on 8 ozs cooked mushrooms and 1 clove of garlic. Sprinkle on 2 oz fresh mozzarella.

RLj7Lra.jpg

Beat 4 large eggs and add 1C milk, a little ground pepper, salt, 2 ozs of Parmesan cheese, Mix and pour over the spinach and mushrooms.

Sprinkle on 1/2C mozzarella cheese. As you can see it fills a 9 inch pie plate. Carefully put it on a 350F grill for 45 mins - 60 minutes. Make sure the centre is firm before removing  from heat.

RD1JABd.jpg

Baked.

QQqW1xt.jpg

Plated with a garden fresh salad. The white pieces are new to me, Hakurei turnips. They are moist and more like a radish than turnip.

k7nUvMS.jpg

I have to admit that I went back for a second piece of quiche just to make sure it tasted as good as I thought:)

I almost forgot this pix, I captured it when I was in the garden getting the spinach:)

OK9gLGc.jpg

• Like 1

Beautiful butterfly picture. Save it for posterity, as we're losing them very fast. I've attempted to put in a monarch butterfly garden in my backyard this spring. So, we'll see if it takes hold and attracts some pretty butterflies.

Oh, and the quiche looks damned yummy, too! Toss in a nice glass of Chenin Blanc and call it a very good day!