MacKenzie

Nothing to do with the grill cook.

Tony, the sauce was uncooked. I've gotten to like this one quite a bit. San Marzano Tomato Pizza Sauce -

http://www.thehomepizzeria.com/recipes/san-marzano-tomato-pizza-sauce-recipe/

Note was it says about the garlic because it is soooooooooo true. I keep mine in the fridge for more than 4 days and I also freeze some for later. It does taste better after it sits so I wouldn't want to use it right away.

The grated tip you put up is neat.

I love peeling about a couple dozen cloves of garlic, putting them them in a proclean dish, cover them with olive oil and popping it in the oven/kamado at 250-275 for about an hour until quite soft. At the end, I've got some wonderful garlic infused olive oil and garlic cloves that spreads on toast points like butter. Top with some fresh diced tomatoes with minced herbs and it's one great appiteaser!

I'm so dadgummed hungry for spaghetti thanks to you guys I can't stand it!

• Like 1

I love peeling about a couple dozen cloves of garlic, putting them them in a proclean dish, cover them with olive oil and popping it in the oven/kamado at 250-275 for about an hour until quite soft. At the end, I've got some wonderful garlic infused olive oil and garlic cloves that spreads on toast points like butter. Top with some fresh diced tomatoes with minced herbs and it's one great appiteaser!

I'm so dadgummed hungry for spaghetti thanks to you guys I can't stand it!

Alright CC whip it up and enter it into the appetizer challenge. You still have a few days left and the toast points sounds delicious.

I do it in the pressure cooker in canning jars. That way you can stash them in your pantry for when you need them. A batch of 4 small mason jars lasts me quite a while and I use the garlic paste and/or oil almost daily. And, they make great Christmas presents for your foodie friends! 

Ken, instead of peeling all that garlic, try this trick, it really works! 

Works in a jar, too. 

• Like 1

KKers, being the good Catholic boy I am, and a former Altar Boy of the Year, I have a confession to make.

I buy big jars of already peeled garlic at Sam's Club. There, I said it! I only peel garlic when I'm out of the prepeeled or I use elephant ear garlic. And I use a peeling mat when I peel garlic. Just roll it up around the garlic, a few rolls back and forth, and I'm done. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

At this stage in life, I'm more about good food done as easy as possible rather than haute cuisine done the old fashioned way.

Alright CC whip it up and enter it into the appetizer challenge. You still have a few days left and the toast points sounds delicious.

CK - I just don't have the strength right now at this point to even think about it! I haven't even thought about lighting a fire in either Beauty! or TheBeast. Just getting out of bed to go eat is a struggle. I've coughed so much my sides hurt. But, this too shall pass.

KKers, being the good Catholic boy I am, and a former Altar Boy of the Year, I have a confession to make.

I buy big jars of already peeled garlic at Sam's Club. There, I said it! I only peel garlic when I'm out of the prepeeled or I use elephant ear garlic. And I use a peeling mat when I peel garlic. Just roll it up around the garlic, a few rolls back and forth, and I'm done. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

At this stage in life, I'm more about good food done as easy as possible rather than haute cuisine done the old fashioned way.

This post cracked me up big time. I've been using peeled garlic for a long time now. I love it and it definitely shaves a few minutes of time off the prep phase.

Nobody in my house could ever tell the difference (including myself).

• Like 1