Poochie

Baby Back Ribs

Unlike the St. Louis cut ribs I cooked, these didn't go as long on Bolo. I also change the basting mixture to honey, butter and BBQ sauce...no brown sugar this time. They had a good "bite" to them meaning all the meat didn't pull off the rib when you bit it. My wife said they were the best I ever cooked and believe me, she'll let me know if I mess something up  :tongue2: 

Anyway, 240 degrees for about 4 hours and 25 minutes. Ramped up to 300 for the last 10 minutes to set the second basting sauce. Tater tots finished the meal and it was enjoyed on our heirloom fine china once again.

post-2487-0-53913900-1441150365_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-84025700-1441150366_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-18356000-1441150368_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-56585200-1441150370_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-89815600-1441150371_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-23820600-1441150373_thumb.jp

​And for the love of Pete, don't get ribs with "up to 12% solution added" or "8% patented solution added"...just say NO to enhanced ribs and other pork. If you accidentally buy some, brine them overnight to get help get rid of that awful goo they put in the packages. Just sayin'. 

• Like 1

​And for the love of Pete, don't get ribs with "up to 12% solution added" or "8% patented solution added"...just say NO to enhanced ribs and other pork. If you accidentally buy some, brine them overnight to get help get rid of that awful goo they put in the packages. Just sayin'. 

Preach on, brother man, preach on!!! 

If I get cryovac packs of ribs anymore (rare, as I get them now from my local butcher), I get them at Costco since their's don't have the spooge injected into them!

And for the love of Pete, don't get ribs with "up to 12% solution added" or "8% patented solution added"...just say NO to enhanced ribs and other pork. If you accidentally buy some, brine them overnight to get help get rid of that awful goo they put in the packages. Just sayin'. 

Really nice cook! Those ribs look delicious.

Where do you find ribs that haven’t been enhanced? All the local grocery stores seem to have that label on the ribs that they sell.

Sometimes they're labeled as "All Natural" or even organic (which is a joke sometimes). Hormel loves to put "a solution" in most of their meats. Smithfield too. Swift Premium has some natural ribs, but you have to check the label on all of them. Seems like the enhanced info on ribs, boston butt, pork loin is in tiny letters that only a teenager could read. They mess up chickens with this enhanced mess too. I'm not in to organic, all natural, yoga, zen and any new age "lifestyle", but I don't want extra salt or hammy flavored ribs and other pork. 

Also think about the fact that some of this "solution' and enhancement is 12% of the package. So if you paid $13 for a nice rack of ribs, you paid $1.56 for them to over-salt and mess up your ribs. And last of all, they don't tell you what it consist of claiming it's a patented solution.

Good luck finding some, Wilbur. Albertson's has good ribs...sometimes. Rouses too.  

Really nice cook! Those ribs look delicious.

Where do you find ribs that haven’t been enhanced? All the local grocery stores seem to have that label on the ribs that they sell.

Wilbur - about the only place that you won't find "enhanced" meats any more is a custom butcher shop. At least that's my experience. I've talked to the butchers at my local grocery store and they tell me even the primals they gett have been "enhanced" 99% of the time. At the prices of beef these days, that's mighty expensive saline!