ckreef

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu with a Shiitake mushroom white wine sauce. Served with full skin mashed potatoes. We were also going to have carrots but by the time we remember that it was a little late to start them.

598fd99c9a818e5b1f04570deb4c6905.jpg

ab0e8fb00bbacbaf8cccfc6956be347d.jpg

It was a good meal but needs some tweaking.

* pocket chicken breast from the end not the side.

* thinner sliced ham.

* more cheese.

* keep mushrooms separate from the sauce.

* thicker sauce.

Will revisit this cook soon.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

I've used meat glue and for the cost, I just can't see it. I get really good closure with a couple of strategically placed toothpicks. Make certain you standardize on a set number, I've found 2 to work well. That way you always know to pull 2 toothpicks from each piece before serving.

On more than one occasion I've thought about getting a really big needle and sew it shut with butchers twine. Toothpicks are good but I think sewing would be better. If I pocket from the end the problem is much smaller.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

A pack of TG is kinda pricey, even here in the States. But, you only use a small amount - a few grams at a time to make a paste. So, it does stretch. For some cooks, toothpicks just don't cut it, as it would take too many. Twine works for bigger cooks, but even then, not always well, especially something with a softer stuffing. If you want a nice solid pate, terrine, or meatloaf that doesn't crumble when you slice it, mix the TG directly into the meat mixture. But, folks, YMMV.