tony b

Country Style Ribs

Tonight's dinner - country style pork ribs and the experimental SV creamy potatoes.

Ribs done with Cimarron rub, indirect, @ 325F on apple wood. Pulled at IT of 190F. 

Rubbed. 

post-975-0-96270200-1450227503_thumb.jpg

On the KK.

post-975-0-51578900-1450227542_thumb.jpg

Done on the KK.

post-975-0-20596800-1450227568_thumb.jpg

Done, close up.

post-975-0-99257000-1450227595_thumb.jpg

Plated. (Note the 2 versions of the SV creamy potatoes. See my post in the SV section about that experience.)

post-975-0-76556000-1450227640_thumb.jpg

Money Shot.

post-975-0-14439300-1450227686_thumb.jpg

Thanks, all! 

Ken, I think we're gonna dodge a bullet this time. Forecast for the next week is OK. A bit colder, but no white Christmas this year. We are actually having some moderate flooding right now, as all the precip has been rain and not snow! 

First time using the Cimarron. Initial impression was it was decent. Jury is still out pending a bigger cut of meat, like a full rack of ribs or a butt. Being smaller, individual ribs, I didn't go too heavy on it not having used it before. 

Tony, that rib dinner looks delicious, how did the potatoes turn out?

My biggest problem is turning them to starch, last time I used the immersion blender and it sure got a workout. I'm thinking of trying the food processor, and wondered it I might pass the cooked potatoes thru the ricer to make things easier.

Great minds, MacKenzie. After my adventure (see my post in the SV thread), I'm was already thinking the next time, I'll rice them and not use the food processor. I was using my mini-chopper (Cuisinart) and the motor was struggling at times on both the low and high speeds. Using the ricer will eliminate the need to add any liquid like in the processor.