Pale Rider

New KK Teak Flooring for Pool House

I know there aren't a lot of posts here about Dennis' teak flooring. I thought I would post some pics of the flooring that he supplied me for our new pool house. This stuff is incredibly gorgeous, and Dennis's pricing is very fair. The flooring arrives in crates that are well suited to protect it for the voyage. Hard to describe just how beautiful this stuff is, or how good the deep grain feels.

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_9286.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG

IMG_9288.JPG

IMG_9289.JPG

IMG_9290.JPG

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

Given what I know about Dennis and quality on the KK, why would anyone expect anything less than world class?

Couldn't have said it better. Top shelf quality all the way. Will post some pics of the installed floor, and then the 32 and 19 with the new cabinet Dennis is building for me once they are all set up together.

Edited by Pale Rider
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2016 at 10:48 PM, Pale Rider said:

Couldn't have said it better. Top shelf quality all the way. Will post some pics of the installed floor, and then the 32 and 19 with the new cabinet Dennis is building for me once they are all set up together.

Ya mean this big bad cabinet?  Turned out great!

Greg-Hammond.jpg

Greg-Hammond2.jpg

Greg-Hammond3.jpg

• Like 3

We are making progress on our flooring. We were fortunate to get a real "old world/old school" fellow named Ivan to install it. The tongue & groove construction is especially tight and requires a lot of work to get it right. The hand-hewn construction means that slight variations in pieces require attention to detail and keeping a straight line. Because we are installing the flooring "across the horizontal" of our pool house, it means that there is a wide optic into the floor line. All this makes careful workmanship valuable. Walking on this floor barefoot feels so good.

IMG_4598.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

IMG_4600.JPG

• Like 3