Gnomatic

Shrimp On The Barbie

So I really had not planned on grilling today, as the party I cooked for was on Saturday.  However, while running an errand at my local grocer, I noticed some shrimp were on sale and I was developing an appetite sooo......

0530161944.jpg

Why not a little bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp to top off the day?  Grabbed a bundle of asparagus too.  Quick, easy, and delicious.  My charcoal basket was full, so I just lit one side.  Got a nice two zone effect w/o using the basket splitter.

On a side note, this was my first cook with the recently purchased side table.  I like the silhouette of the 23", and to me, at least in pics, didn't care for the look of KK's with those that had them compared to the unaccessorized, 'clean' grills.  Well, I very recently broke down and bought a side table just for utilitarian purposes.   Low and behold, I really like how that looks on my grill, and tonight I'm asking myself:

1.  Why didn't I purchase side tables when I purchased my KK last fall???

2.  Why in the hell didn't I purchase two last week instead on just one???  They(it for now) look great, better than in the website pics IMO, and they really make the brown hints in my Terra Blue tiles "pop."  Love the wood.

• Like 1

those shrimp look Delicious.I hope I can just go out and make dinner on the spur of the moment like you guys do. I bought two side shelves when I bought my kk32. I gotta tell you; Dennis is a first class woodworker. the workman ship on the side shelves is superb. The attention to detail is amazing. I liked it so much I am having him build me a teak cabinet. here is a picture of the underside of the shelf to show the workmen ship.

teak shelf.jpg

• Like 2

What a great and delicious fast cook that was. 

7 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

those shrimp look Delicious.I hope I can just go out and make dinner on the spur of the moment like you guys do. I bought two side shelves when I bought my kk32. I gotta tell you; Dennis is a first class woodworker. the workman ship on the side shelves is superb. The attention to detail is amazing. I liked it so much I am having him build me a teak cabinet. here is a picture of the underside of the shelf to show the workmen ship.

teak shelf.jpg

You won't be disappointed in the teak cabinet. 

@Gnomatic - Buddy, when an idea hits you, it's hits you BIG time!  Wonderful cook for being so impromptu,  kudos and congrats to you!

I love my side tables.  They are so dadgummed handy.  I use 'em for a cook and then just slide 'em off and stow 'em.  Everyone who sees mine loves 'em.  Then, when I show my guests the craftsmanship, everyone gets that look of WOW,