Shuley

First “real” cook on my new kamado

First off, I can't figure out how to copy this post from kamado guru So any pointers with that?

On Saturday I was really looking forward to learning the vents on my kk so I wanted to do the burn in right away (I am a nerd so this was fun for me!)  towards the end I did some smash burgers and stuffed mushrooms which I totally forgot to take a picture until I was eating!  Saturday a family member was having a gathering so I didn't get to cook.  Sunday morning I was ready to go with a fatty for breakfast (which I ended up finishing in a CI pan) and a pork butt for lunch. The pork butt was on for about 6 hours.  I couldn't believe how stable this guy was.  I was confident enough to go on two shopping trips and head to my parents house for a swim and when I got back it was within 10 degrees of where I left it.

Pork was definitely the most moist to care, and the smoke ring was unreal.  This picture doesn't show it at all.  Made for awesome sandwiches.  (so good I ate 2!!!)  

20160528_192135.jpg

20160530_095353.jpg

20160530_105842.jpg

20160530_112545.jpg

20160530_160828.jpg

20160530_170353.jpg

20160530_171231.jpg

Edited by Shuley
  • Like 1

Great looking cooks.

Post your cook on Guru. Immediately edit your post. Highlight the entire post and copy the highlighted text. That should get your post into your systems clipboard.

Come to the KK forum and start your post with a title. Go into the body area and paste from your clipboard.

I do this using Tapatalk. When I post pictures I post them direct from my gallery to the forum without using any hosting software. When I do the above procedure it posts the entire content including pictures.

Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Shuley - Charles hits the nail on the head in his post.  That's the way I transfer posts from the Guru to here.  No big deal.  Copy and paste is about as complicated as I want to get these days.

Your initial cooks are absolutely wonderful.  And as you get to know your KK over time, things will get easier and you'll be able to walk away and do a whole host of other things rather than mind your cooker.  I don't think I've ever seen so many ambitious cooks on a new KK, not even from @ckreef!

Congrats and kudos to you!  

• Like 1