dstr8

Red Grapes on the KK

Yeah, go ahead and laugh.   I did.   Until I tasted them.   They're going atop vanilla ice cream after dinner tonight.   With the KK biscotti I made yesterday.

Shake 'em around until they get caramelized yet still moist; the idea is not to turn them into raisins :D

IMG_4929.JPG

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 3

Oh, Hay-yall Yeah! Roasted grapes. I've never done them myself, but had them in restaurants - killer! Don't limit yourself to dessert. Think about putting those yummy flavor bombs in a grilled chicken breast salad, or along side a nice grilled piece of fish!

@dstr8 - I've done a lot of fruit on the kamado, but never thought of doing grapes!  Thanks for a grand idea.  

Have any of y'all done cherries!  Pitted fresh cherries on the KK take fresh cherry pies to another level all together!  Really a wonderful, subtle taste.  Grilled cherries also take just plain vanilla ice cream into orbit. 

But first, grilled grapes are  in order.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

@dstr8 - I've done a lot of fruit on the kamado, but never thought of doing grapes!  Thanks for a grand idea.  

Have any of y'all done cherries!  Pitted fresh cherries on the KK take fresh cherry pies to another level all together!  Really a wonderful, subtle taste.  Grilled cherries also take just plain vanilla ice cream into orbit. 

But first, grilled grapes are  in order.

Charles, I like where you went with the KK cherry pie thing!   

• Like 1

Hey All - yes, it is the sour cherries not the sweet that go in pies!  Its getting to be peach season around here and its time to grill some peaches for desert, for cobblers, and pies.  Nectarines as well.  Watermelon season is just around the corner.  Black Diamond watermelons are simply super when grilled.  I've grilled a lot of watermelon, juiced it all, and then used it as a mixer.  Absolute(ly) lovely!  

• Like 1

@MacKenzie - I have grilled any number of different types of cherries.  The sour cherries are for the pie, but the Mt. Rainer and Bings and others make wonderful desert toppings.  Simply get the cherries roasted on the KK, put them in a simple syrup with a thickening agent, let them cool, and you have Roasted Cherry Topping for ice-cream, angel food cake, shortcakes, etc.  

On June 2, 2016 at 5:48 PM, MacKenzie said:

dstr8, I must try that they look soooooooo good. Either tomorrow or Sat. I'm going to make a batch of vanilla ice cream. :) 

Hey MacKenzie,

How do you make your Vanilla Ice Cream ?  Do you make a custard first ?  How many eggs ?  Heavy Cream and/or Milk/Half & Half ?  I have been using Alton Brown's recipe.  Just curious.  There are so many recipes.

On June 3, 2016 at 0:39 PM, CeramicChef said:

@MacKenzie - I have grilled any number of different types of cherries.  The sour cherries are for the pie, but the Mt. Rainer and Bings and others make wonderful desert toppings.  Simply get the cherries roasted on the KK, put them in a simple syrup with a thickening agent, let them cool, and you have Roasted Cherry Topping for ice-cream, angel food cake, shortcakes, etc.  

Now you are talking.....  Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1