Izzy

Through serendipity, I stumbled into the KK 32

The solvent venting will have to wait a couple of more days as I am pretty tied with this software release. 

On another note, I am looking for stainless steel cabinets for the outdoor kitchen.  I need to store those grates somewhere, but the problem is that they are so big and it is hard to find quality outdoor kitchen cabinets that are spacious enough to house the KK accessories including the grates.  Please let me know if there's anything out there for the KK 32 or will have to go custom.  

I'm pretty sure Dennis can help you out there

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

I saw a video on another KK thread, looked up the cabinet and found this:   http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/storage/cabinets/Stainless-steel-cabinets/all-welded-stainless-steel-cabinet-48w-x-24d-x-41h

I am not sure if this is going to work because I don't have the exact depth of the the biggest crate.  Is it more than 22"?  I'll check it tonight.

I still have not ordered the stainless steel Jamco cabinet.  I thought I'd post a question regarding the storage for the BIG KK 32 grates.  Do the KK owners build something custom to store the grates?  Also, a quick update on the outdoor kitchen, that's not going too well as the contractor has gotten extremely slow.  

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

I still have not ordered the stainless steel Jamco cabinet.  I thought I'd post a question regarding the storage for the BIG KK 32 grates.  Do the KK owners build something custom to store the grates?  Also, a quick update on the outdoor kitchen, that's not going too well as the contractor has gotten extremely slow.  

I made a shelving unit from 2x material and pine boards for my KK grill stuff. I wrote a post about it here: http://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/6027-built-a-storage-unit-for-my-kk-grill-accessories/

Bosco,

This color rocks!  It was not available when I was ordering my KK.  I would have had to wait a few more weeks as was the case for the bronze metallic color.  I am happy with my choice, but the pebbles are something to behold.  Anyway, are those cabinets deep enough to house your KK 32 grates and other accessories?  Also, I would like to know why you opted for wood cabinets instead of stainless steel.  Don't you have bad winters where you are?

Hello Komodo Family!  There hasn't much activity on my end because my wife had a major surgery and is still in the hospital.  Anyway, while picking up some cherries to take to the hospital today, I realized that the hardware store was right there and so, I decided to pick up some cotter pins.  I was told they were called hitch pins.  Anyway, I installed the smaller one.  Now, my set up is complete I guess.

Hitch_Pins.jpg

Installed_Hitch_Pins.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you all for the well wishes.  I hope I will be able to get back to grilling very soon.  Currently, I spend all time at the hospital and I make two trips to the house to feed and walk the dogs.  Our son has traveled out of the area for a few weeks.  With nobody around and no time to do anything else other than sleep, the KK 32 is being neglected.  

• Like 1