ColoradoRick

How do I fold down the side tables?

Hello again all.

I seem to be having a mental block here. Does anyone have pictures of the process of folding the side tables down? I must be thick or something as I just don't see it. I can slide them off without issue but I see no way to fold them down.

Thanks for the help.

--
Rick

Edited by ColoradoRick
typo

Hi Rick,

It is really not a matter of folding the side tables down.  The tables lift up out of the mounting brackets into which the the table hardware (attached to bottom of tables) was inserted.  From there you hang the table from the mounting brackets.

Using the link below check out the pictures, bottom side of the table with the mounting hardware.  Once you see it you should be able to easily hang the table(s) from the "d" shaped hardware on on the bottom of the table, oriented towards the outside edge of the table...

http://komodokamado.com/collections/23-ultimate-accessories/products/side-table-23-ultimate-rod-tube-w-hanger-15-lbs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cschaaf said:

@Stile88 - I don't have a picture of them on the grill in the 'storage' position, but I do have this thread which shows how I stored them in my shed. They will hand on the grill the same way - rounded edge up.         

http://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/6527-side-table-storage/#comment-69836

Wow that is awesome i love that idea reason i want a photo is it dont seem possible i can hang mine down i will post a pic when i get home from work

21 hours ago, Stile88 said:

Wow that is awesome i love that idea reason i want a photo is it dont seem possible i can hang mine down i will post a pic when i get home from work

Last night I tried to hang mine on the side of the 19" TT.   If I would have removed the U-shaped, pivoting, accessory hanging bracket, they would have fit no problem into the tubes on the side of the grill. 

I also have the rotisserie motor bracket mounted under the side table.  That would have to come off also to hang the shelf vertical on the side of the cooker.

1 hour ago, Jon B. said:

Last night I tried to hang mine on the side of the 19" TT.   If I would have removed the U-shaped, pivoting, accessory hanging bracket, they would have fit no problem into the tubes on the side of the grill. 

I also have the rotisserie motor bracket mounted under the side table.  That would have to come off also to hang the shelf vertical on the side of the cooker.

This is a picture of the tool hanging bracket that needs to come off to hang the shelves like Bruce did.

DSCF7357.JPG

• Like 3

So thanks again everyone. I did get it figured out, and they do indeed hang folded, but, upside down if you will.. It requires the removal of the hanging bracket and the Rotisserie motor etc. 

The reason for all of this is because I bought the Sunbrella cover with the option of the side tables being covered. Well as it turns out I have to remove all the accessories and flip the tables to get the cover over it. Not really what I had in mind even though it said clearly on the site that it is with the side tables in the folded position.

Maybe Dennis will have them made to cover with the side tables in the up position some day.

--

Rick