KevinD

First Deep Dish Cook on Pele

Finally got around to putting my first deep dish together 14"x2" using the dough recipe from RealDeepDish.com.  I played around with the filling recipe but started with it and added herbs and other seasoning until I was happy with the flavor.  Assembly shots follow - Finish results will follow later...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by KevinD
  • Like 2

Didn't release well and left on a few minutes too long.  Dome probe was sticking in pizza and I didn't realize it so based on "lower" than expected temps, left in a bit longer to compensate.  I was scratching my head trying to figure out why the temp recovery was lagging...- DOH!

I wipe Pele down after cooling, which pretty much means I clean her up next day since most cooks are in the late afternoon to early  evening...not sure what that bright patch of light was though...sun was going down but I'd have thought my wide body would have blocked the sun since I was between it and Pele when shooting the pizza on the right side table...

Didn't release well and left on a few minutes too long.  Dome probe was sticking in pizza and I didn't realize it so based on "lower" than expected temps, left in a bit longer to compensate.  I was scratching my head trying to figure out why the temp recovery was lagging...- DOH!

Great looking pizza.
I've experienced that problem before. Started fiddling with the vents. By the time I realized what was going on I was cruising in the 600*-700* range.
I've been more conscious about that ever since.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk