ckreef

Reef's Lighted Knife Bar

I wanted a nice magnetic knife bar to display my new knives so I built one. I was happy with the outcome and hung it on a wall just outside the kitchen, between the kitchen and game room. Unless I have the lights on in the game room that area is a little dark especially at night. I started looking at picture frame lights but didn't like what I saw so decided to add a light bar to my knife bar. Here is the final outcome. 

The knife bar in daylight. (please excuse the unfinished drywall behind it - we'll get to that later) 

LKBc.jpg

Here it is at night with game room lights off. Hard to get a good picture but you get the idea. 

LKBe.jpg

The inside of the light bar. 

LKBa.jpg

A closeup of the LED strips. Two different versions but essentially the same thing. These LED's have a life expectancy of 60,000+ hours of continuous use. That's around 7 years. I'm sure I'll go through a few  power supplies before I have to change out the LED's. 

LKBb.jpg

The bar is adjustable on three axis. Up/down,  in/out and the angle is adjustable. 

LKBd.jpg

Now I just need to buy more knives to fill it up.