Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ticket2ride04

In the market for the 32” Big Bad

Recommended Posts

So the time has come to build our dream outdoor kitchen. We plan to have a gaucho style grill built into a chimney, pizza oven, gas top range, and the KK Big Bad. My wife is an architect so she is going to be designing the whole thing. I really have only two questions:

1. Is there a difference between pebble vs tile?

2. Would anyone forgoe the legs/wheels on the BB to create a better aesthetic as a built in grill? I understand moving it becomes much harder, but it still could be done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, pebbles cook better :)

I think it is really going to be more of the choice of available color and what you will feel fits best in with the look of your ODK.

Not sure what the stability of a 32 would be without the legs/wheels, it would also reduce the grill height, unless you built a stand for it to rest on.

I would think some sort of a false front to cover the wheels/legs would be easier, but it would be a toe catcher.

Give Dennis a call, he is the authority and could fill you in on if a baseless 32 is a realistic build. He can also let you know how long it would take to get something like that to you.

 

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ticket2ride04 said:

So the time has come to build our dream outdoor kitchen. We plan to have a gaucho style grill built into a chimney, pizza oven, gas top range, and the KK Big Bad. My wife is an architect so she is going to be designing the whole thing. I really have only two questions:

1. Is there a difference between pebble vs tile?

2. Would anyone forgoe the legs/wheels on the BB to create a better aesthetic as a built in grill? I understand moving it becomes much harder, but it still could be done. 

I have a 23 kind of half-heartedly for sale in Fairfax Station, just in case you’re interested. I also have a 32. If you’re interested in seeing either up close just let me know, regardless of interest in the kinda for sale 23.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Pequod said:

I have a 23 kind of half-heartedly for sale in Fairfax Station, just in case you’re interested. I also have a 32. If you’re interested in seeing either up close just let me know, regardless of interest in the kinda for sale 23.

I saw your for sale post last night. I’m over in Great Falls. I might just take you up on that offer. Would love to see the 32” up close. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't take offence at my going off topic @Ticket2ride04.  It's about your name.  I sometimes catch the hovercraft over to Ryde on the Isle of Wight in the UK. I hum "She's got a ticket to Ryde" under my breath as we bounce across the water.  I was going to post a photo of the ticket but it is rather dull and does not mention Ryde.  I like your name.  Welcome.  

Edited by tekobo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Please don't take offence at my going off topic @Ticket2ride04.  It's about your name.  I sometimes catch the hovercraft over to Ryde on the Isle of Wight in the UK. I hum "She's got a ticket to Ryde" under my breath as we bounce across the water.  I was going to post a photo of the ticket but it is rather dull and does not mention Ryde.  I like your name.  Welcome.  

I made this handle in 1999 when I was trying to come up with a yahoo chat room name. Have always been a big Beatles fan. 

Edited by Ticket2ride04
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ticket2ride04 said:

I made this handle in 1999 when I was trying to come up with a yahoo chat room name.

Wow.  Blast from the past - yahoo chat room!  Funny how much the world has changed since the days of dial up modems and ringing someone to tell them to log in to their email because you'd sent them a message. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stick with the original, the first, the essence of the beginning and that was your square tile. Time tested and true, the foundation and it was a trail blazer. Genesis...........need we say more. If you do choose the dark side and have any doubts you are always welcome to return.  Amen

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 3:23 PM, Ticket2ride04 said:

Would anyone forgoe the legs/wheels on the BB to create a better aesthetic as a built in grill? I understand moving it becomes much harder, but it still could be done. 

Hi there.  Have you decided on what to do about legs/wheels or not?  I am thinking that two 22" table tops might be a really good aesthetic if you don't like the legs. And one could be in pebble and the other tile.  Cobalt blue of course.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 5:31 AM, tekobo said:

Hi there.  Have you decided on what to do about legs/wheels or not?  I am thinking that two 22" table tops might be a really good aesthetic if you don't like the legs. And one could be in pebble and the other tile.  Cobalt blue of course.  

I think I am going with the wheels. Doesn’t make sense to deviate for a variety of reasons. Further, I think I want to do the Matte Black. Question as have though is there are two Matte Black Tile options on the front page. I can’t tell what makes them different. Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you may have the same question I asked Dennis when ordering mine. Each grill is unique in the site. Note the stock number on each grill.

The pictures on the site are also unique per grill. You can zoom in and chose your favorite.  I imagine matte black grills probably wont show much difference from one to another. Other tiles like Terra blue or the golds produce unique grills with different shades and patterns. For instance, take a look at the 32" BB inventory.  You can see many gold ones in stock all of which have unique pattern/shade.

Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...