FastGlass

Hello all, finally ran down the dream...

Break in....Rock steady at 530F +/- 10deg. for 2 hrs now.

Forgot I needed to do this before grilling. Our trusty 22.5 Weber Smokey Mountain saved the day...

Lots of venting on the pebble, virtually none so far on the square tile.

20160705_145243.jpg

20160705_145315.jpg

Edited by FastGlass
  • Like 1

Also, what am I going to do with this drip pan!!!? I can't use this! It's a GD work of ART!! No way I'm using it for its intended purpose. Fortunately I got the double drip pan to catch the yum, but if anyone on here loves great coffee as much as great food, you may have heard of this guy, Kees Van Westin, who makes these insane hand made espresso machines....this reminds me of that immediately.

20160705_155421.jpg

Edited by FastGlass
  • Like 2

Ha....I worried. Called Dennis at 2am Eastern time. The pebble had 4 spots where it vented that it pulled up a bit off the ceramic. He was so cool to explain everything. I followed the procedure to a "T"....except where you are supposed to take temp back down if you see lifting. I kept it steady....530 for 3 hours, 50deg more every 30/40 minutes...let sit at 750 till started to cool. Now, the grills are at 250F, I'm going to try again to get the lifted parts back down, but honestly, it's only slightly visible at all...but I can FEEL it when I push that area...it won't stay down in those 4 spots. I opened up the holes to definitely release vapor, but those spots are just not sitting on the ceramic alike they used to. I'm being assured it's no big deal if not visibly discernable as a bubble. On to clean up and grout....

• Like 1