Troble

Hello From San Diego......

Troble I’m opting for a Heatlie drop in natural gas burner.

https://www.heatlie.com.au/heatlie-bbq-ige-island-gourmet-elite

The commercial products here don’t comply on residential properties.... we are over regulated.

I’ll tell a story why Heatlie.

We raised funds for our local kindy 8 years ago and had surplus funds the committee put aside to buy a decent bbq to continue fund raising through sausage sizzles. I got excited, started the research and determined Heatlie made the best transportable plate gasser to cook sausages and onions for 4 hours at a fete..... BUT, the committee voted for a cheap hardware product at half the price.

Despite my protest saying it will melt 90 minutes into the cook, they ignored my polite suggestions.

Sure enough, less than an hour into the first cook this brand new bbq melted, the plate buckled, the frame fell apart. Twas a disaster.

Heatlie had just won an Australian Army contract to supply 350 bbqs into Iraq.

All of them came home and I reckon they would have been bashed up, dropped out of planes and exposed to pretty harsh conditions.

The kindy purchased a Heatlie and still cook on it today.

Now known in our small community as an Iraqi bbq.

I’ll review it once I have a few cooks on it.

They also make a hydrogen bbq!

https://www.heatlie.com.au/hydrogen-bbq

Not sure what this is about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 2/26/2020 at 6:41 AM, Tyrus said:

Volatile and unstable gas if used improperly, just look at the Hindenburg. I guess that could be said of LPG also, as you say Au products are over regulated so maybe that's a good thing.

But if you blast Led Zeppelin while grilling that could be cool 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 3:19 AM, Basher said:

Troble I’m opting for a Heatlie drop in natural gas burner.

https://www.heatlie.com.au/heatlie-bbq-ige-island-gourmet-elite

The commercial products here don’t comply on residential properties.... we are over regulated.

I’ll tell a story why Heatlie.

We raised funds for our local kindy 8 years ago and had surplus funds the committee put aside to buy a decent bbq to continue fund raising through sausage sizzles. I got excited, started the research and determined Heatlie made the best transportable plate gasser to cook sausages and onions for 4 hours at a fete..... BUT, the committee voted for a cheap hardware product at half the price.

Despite my protest saying it will melt 90 minutes into the cook, they ignored my polite suggestions.

Sure enough, less than an hour into the first cook this brand new bbq melted, the plate buckled, the frame fell apart. Twas a disaster.

Heatlie had just won an Australian Army contract to supply 350 bbqs into Iraq.

All of them came home and I reckon they would have been bashed up, dropped out of planes and exposed to pretty harsh conditions.

The kindy purchased a Heatlie and still cook on it today.

Now known in our small community as an Iraqi bbq.

I’ll review it once I have a few cooks on it.

They also make a hydrogen bbq!

https://www.heatlie.com.au/hydrogen-bbq

Not sure what this is about?

@Basher congrats on that purchase you must be getting excited. Seems like sound logic to me, if you can come back from a war zone and still work you’d think you wouldn’t break it at home. Are you starting to break ground on your project yet? 

my guys are flying and are gonna finish 4 weeks early. Never heard of a construction project finishing early. 

• Like 2

Led zeppelin...... great bbq music. I could handle that.
4 weeks early Troble is outstanding.
Our demo started on Thursday.
Squeezing an excavator into the back on Monday. They reckon 2 days to get the excavation complete with footings. Then it’ll shape up.

• Like 1

Came home to a nice little surprise today they installed the flat top and side burner and put the wood siding on the front.....getting so close. Got a call from the delivery company to arrange my KK delivery however it’s supposed to rain for the next week so have to likely push it back 

500BA87C-FA9A-49E8-94F1-EDB7225587DE.jpeg

9E5BE28D-CB52-45E1-9C33-91594DAC25D2.jpeg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Things are looking fantastic, you must be so excited. :smt041

@MacKenzie I definitely am however it’s looking like I might have to keep my KK in the box for a awhile. We have lots of rain coming and then I’m scheduled to go to Peru with my family.....I Wasn’t planning on things being done till April, but we’ll have to see. I already know I’m doing a low and slow pork shoulder first and I absolutely can’t wait to start making pizzas with my 4 & 2 year old girls. My 4 year old already has a pizza party planned with her 4 friends from preschool. The KK is the centerpiece of the whole project 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Basher said:

You will come back from Peru with their local cooking pots, and recipes.
I couldn’t leave it boxed, gotta see it shining as the centrepiece.

Yes sir. That is why I have the side burner. I cook this Peruvian dish called lomo saltado in a cast iron wok over super high heat. I love the Peruvian food 

I’m sure I’ll have to unbox it to inspect it for damage but will have to see when it gets delivered. They called me Friday and wanted to drop it off but I was out of town. There supposed to be an “atmospheric river” storm next week where we actually get a ton of rain. Don’t really want to be moving the KK around in a crazy rain storm through my dirt backyard....we’ll see when it all comes together. Shipping company said they wouldn’t store it for longer than 48 hours and I’m out of town Monday as well 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1