Troble

Hello From San Diego......

On 3/17/2020 at 8:18 AM, Tyrus said:

Oh so sorry, I happened upon your burn-in pictures that I didn't notice earlier and made some confusing comments regarding the Tel tru. Glad you found that, an important element for success.

@Tyrus no worries by chance I git this random package in the mail the sane day my KK was delivered and I hadn’t found the thermometer box yet so I wasn’t sure what you were referring to. I still don’t know what the heck this “xtreme ceramic clear coat” is or why it was sent to me

I also had a few emails/calls in to Dennis and team about the thermometer, missing the cover and the grout work that were not answered due to this crazy corona virus situation I’m sure so I was utterly confused for a minute 

this is the product that got sent to me....

713D6212-1E15-4ACD-A581-527DF637C6B1.jpeg

• Confused 1

Funny that you mention that. The other day I was at the auto parts store picking up some new plugs for my truck and I noticed while I was waiting in line a new car wax that advertised a ceramic additive in it's mix. I made a mental note for future reference to give it a try when the weather gets warmer and so you now have what I believe to be a car product. How it got in your mailbox is anyone's guess. It comes with a cloth chamois, curious to know what the directions say

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Funny that you mention that. The other day I was at the auto parts store picking up some new plugs for my truck and I noticed while I was waiting in line a new car wax that advertised a ceramic additive in it's mix. I made a mental note for future reference to give it a try when the weather gets warmer and so you now have what I believe to be a car product. How it got in your mailbox is anyone's guess. It comes with a cloth chamois, curious to know what the directions say

@Tyrus it just says it’s a ceramic coating that should not be put on for temps under 50F and that it should cure for 12 hours.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Troble, that is going to be sooo tasty.

@MacKenzie yes it will just getting to know my KK so keeping it it simple. Butter. Garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt & pepper. Couple of slices of butter under the skin on top of the breasts....Sweet onion, carrots and celery veggies cased in drippings will be delicious 

not setting up my rotisserie till I move it to its final resting spot in about two weeks 

btw what you recommend for time and temp? I got it at 350 right now about 30 minutes in 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 1

Sounds good to me and I usually go for 350F until the internal temp. I want is reached. :)

33 minutes ago, Troble said:

@MacKenzie yes it will just getting to know my KK so keeping it it simple. Butter. Garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt & pepper. Couple of slices of butter under the skin on top of the breasts....Sweet onion, carrots and celery veggies cased in drippings will be delicious 

not setting up my rotisserie till I move it to its final resting spot in about two weeks 

btw what you recommend for time and temp? I got it at 350 right now about 30 minutes in 

• Like 1

Troble did you throw the veges and the chicken in at the same time?

Maybe I would have put the veges in, 20- 30 minutes into the cook for three reasons.

1. I like undercooked veges( except spuds)

2. A bit of direct heat helps crisp up the Chook skin.

3. It takes about 20 minutes for the Chook to sweat those delish juices into the veges.

Just a thought and I have to say, your chooks and veges looked delish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Basher said:

Troble did you throw the veges and the chicken in at the same time?

Maybe I would have put the veges in, 20- 30 minutes into the cook for three reasons.

1. I like undercooked veges( except spuds)

2. A bit of direct heat helps crisp up the Chook skin.

3. It takes about 20 minutes for the Chook to sweat those delish juices into the veges.

Just a thought and I have to say, your chooks and veges looked delish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the veggies out at the end and let’s the skin crisp up for 15 minutes while I got the table set up, but would’ve been smarter to do it the other way like you said. Will do that next time.

• Like 2