Troble

Hello From San Diego......

Are you planning on using Aaron Franklin's method of wrapping in pink butcher paper after the stall? Highly recommend it. Tip - can't sub aluminum foil for the butcher paper - it's not porous and you'll lose your bark and the outside will be mushy. 

• Like 1

@tony b I’ve done that before and I have pink butcher paper at home but I found that I like to cook it unwrapped and just be patient through the stall. It helps me develop a better bark which I prefer. When I cook brisket I give myself an abundance of time and when it’s done I take it off the grill, wrap it in foil, then wrap a towel around it then put it in a cooler. I’ll let it sit there for 2-4 hours so that way the juices are settled and it’s always ready for when it’s time to serve it I typically marinate it on Friday cook it Saturday night/Sunday morning/lunch and eat it Sunday around 5pm. It’s a long process but I had it nailed down on my Weber Smokey Mountain. I cook brisket about once a month it’s my favorite so I’m really looking forward to this cook. Got a nice piece of prime brisket and had it marinating for 48 hours. 

the chicken I cooked on the KK was without a doubt the juiciest chicken I’ve ever made my wife even commented on it unprompted. I can’t wait to try out the brisket. I’m sure it’ll be amazing provided I don’t F it up!

Edited by Troble
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Troble, you get that lid down, you're looooosing moisture. Remember the expression, "If you're peekin' you ain't cookin'.  BTW awesome colour on the brisket.:smt055

@MacKenzie I like to spritz my brisket with apple juice every hour the last 4-5 hours so it’ll be fine. It’s looking like a nice piece of beef jerkey which is how I like it 

• Like 2

@tony b thank you sir....it appears so but until I cut into it it’s not confirmed. The internal temp was 202-205 throughout so I’m sure it’ll be good but its still resting in the cooler. I’m making corn bread and mashed potatoes (Sour cream, garlic, rosemary & Parmesan cheese) now and I’ll cut into it in about an hour. I can’t wait I had a small piece break off when I took it off and it tasted heavenly 

• Like 3