Poochie

Fireboard controller and fan

I have the original Fireboard and a BBQ Guru fan. I'm selling it to get a Fireboard 2 and the Fireboard fan. Does anyone here have both the Fireboard 2 and the Fireboard fan? If you do, did you need to buy anything extra to make the fan fit the KK? I know it has a rectangular opening on the fan, but it says it includes adapters. 

I did not end up buying since I just used the guru fan with my FireBoard, so I’m not 100%. When I was researching this before I was expecting to have to buy the ball valve adapter or nozzle adapter to make it work. It was one of the factors for why I just ended up getting a guru fan to operate with my FireBoard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing this back from the dead, i just got the Fireboard Pro and can confirm that their ball valve adaptor does not fit the KK. It sure is close but it wont work unless you grind off the threads. i'll be sending back their fan and will keep using the one from my flame boss 300 with the adaptor that I know fits. If anything happens to that I'll just buy the BBQ Guru fan. Really looking forward to trying the fireboard, i charged it up today and did some configuration.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C6Bill said:

Bringing this back from the dead, i just got the Fireboard Pro and can confirm that their ball valve adaptor does not fit the KK. It sure is close but it wont work unless you grind off the threads. i'll be sending back their fan and will keep using the one from my flame boss 300 with the adaptor that I know fits. If anything happens to that I'll just buy the BBQ Guru fan. Really looking forward to trying the fireboard, i charged it up today and did some configuration.

I have the Fireboard 2 Pro as well. I have used it several times with great success. I have the BBQ Guru fan which fits nicely. Overall, I couldn't be happier with the Fireboard 2 Pro. One tip, I'd suggest buying a grate clip that fits between the grate rather than the alligator clip it comes with. I had troubles with the alligator clip not fitting around the thick stainless grates. (I love the heavy duty grates by the way.) Best of luck! 

12 hours ago, Cheesehead_Griller said:

One tip, I'd suggest buying a grate clip that fits between the grate rather than the alligator clip it comes with. I had troubles with the alligator clip not fitting around the thick stainless grates.

I just make a holder for the grate clip out of an old wine cork. Cut notches out of the end so it fits snuggly in between the grate rods. I put either a nail or screw in the top end to clip the alligator clip to. This insulates the probe from the hot grate and you get a true measure of the air temperature around the meat. 

005.thumb.JPG.6ee8177990091ac3b77025ddf0468459.JPG

• Like 3