Syzygies

Deputize senior members to delete spam?

At the moment the two most recent threads are spam, 5 and 10 hours old, by different posters.

There are dozens of people here I would trust with the authority to delete threads, under a "one strike" rule: If any deletion is even remotely a judgment call, as determined by our actual admins, that authority is permanently revoked.

None of these spam threads would last 30 minutes, under such a system.

I'm going to take a break from posting until we sort this out.

• Like 4

Just got back from Thailand with the family for a week.
Thanks, Dave, for the head's up.
All three of you gentlemen are now moderators.
Simply click on the member's name/icon. Then click spam, and the post will be deleted, and the user will be banned.

If any other old-school members would like moderator powers, I'll be thrilled to give you those powers!

Thanks VERY BIG for your help..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Superpowers?  Hmmmm, does that mean when I look to the north and see what might be considered as the northern lights I can rest assured it's only C6Bill using these newly aquired powers?  Long time coming and a very good idea!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tyrus said:

Superpowers?  Hmmmm, does that mean when I look to the north and see what might be considered as the northern lights I can rest assured it's only C6Bill using these newly aquired powers?  Long time coming and a very good idea!

Just a little north east of you. And that glow you see is usually just a reflection off my dome lol

249546A1-F77E-4A6C-8539-ACA97DCAB8FC.jpeg

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

and a very handsome one at that. Hey, that looks like my garden behind you...yesterday I had to wrap it in chicken wire because of a woodchuck robbing me blind. He had a peculair uncanny resemblance to that gopher in Caddyshack. If this doesn't work I got some barb wire in the shed, set some traps too....if I catch the critter I plan on releasing him northeast of here.

• Haha 3

On 7/18/2024 at 10:22 PM, Tyrus said:

Tyrus.. You, too, now have superpowers!

• Haha 2

I awoke this morning feeling a bit strange, couldn't place a finger on it but now I understand. So, is the swearing in ceremony poolside or are we going to do this remotely. 

Edited by Tyrus
  • Haha 2

On 7/18/2024 at 11:05 AM, DennisLinkletter said:

If any other old-school members would like moderator powers, I'll be thrilled to give you those powers!

The thought of any KK owner being described as "moderate" made me laugh.  A lot.  

• Haha 4

On 7/16/2024 at 1:40 PM, Syzygies said:

At the moment the two most recent threads are spam, 5 and 10 hours old, by different posters.

There are dozens of people here I would trust with the authority to delete threads, under a "one strike" rule: If any deletion is even remotely a judgment call, as determined by our actual admins, that authority is permanently revoked.

None of these spam threads would last 30 minutes, under such a system.

I'm going to take a break from posting until we sort this out.

lol when times allows i usually get them have at it since now you have super powers

• Like 1

How do I actually delete a post and ban a spammer ? I deleted the text in one and wanted to ban the spammer but not sure how. It was in the solo stove thread. The post was a link “girls in your city” I’m kind of sure it was spam lol

Got it, I needed to go into reported contect and ban from there then mark the report as completed  image.png.ba16b5d1b8d222d5b6efaebcd3f923fa.png

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1