ThreeDJ16

Pork Shoulders

Mmmm, pork shoulders! Well, I let the folks at work talk me into cooking the BBQ for this Saturday. We work one Saturday a month on days and that is BBQ Saturday. Usually we grab it from a local joint not too far away, but stupid me, let them sample mine and now I am stuck cooking. Thankfully there are only 12 folks on my shift in the building I work.

-=Jasen=-

Put it on a few hours ago! This is the most I have had in the grill so far.

dscn1319mediumtd4.jpg

Yer cooker is all dirty inside. I think you need to get a new one. I'll help you' date=' by taking the old one away. :wink:[/quote']

Dirty? It's "stealth ninja" :eek: black on the outside AND on the inside; the ultimate in stealth BBQ technology :!:;)

Re: Pork Shoulders

Mmmm' date=' pork shoulders! Well, I let the folks at work talk me into cooking the BBQ for this Saturday.[/quote']

yeah, i bet they had to really twist your arm!!! all us bbq'ists love to cook for folks that appreciate the "real thing"! looking awesome brother!

Getting close!

Holy Cow I forgot how long pork shoulders take to cook. I am used to cooking the small boston butts for around 12 hours, but these big ole cuts are coming in around 18 hours. Looking tasty though! FYI, peace of mind with Guru the entire time. Only lifted the lid to grab a pic and insert a couple extra temp probes to verify both sides of the shoulder were even.

-=Jasen=-

dscn1332mediumhc6.jpg

I did some bone in butts last night. Put them on about 3PM, with cherry chunks. Woke up to a fine Florida morning...I know the neighbors were drooling with the smells lingering int he morning humidity :D

Held temp for 19 hours steady:

dscn2038ko9.jpg

grillzx6.jpg

dscn2039tm7.jpg

I used one maverick wireless to monitor the pit temps while i slept 8)

Now my KK isn't a butt virgin anymore :oops:

The POSK is playing second fiddle. I used it to do spatchcocked chicken, corn and potatoes for dinner while the KK chugged along doing the butts. We wont discuss the fight I had getting the top hat unstuck :shock: It wasnt used to going 3-4 weeks between uses, and rusted solid.

I cooked these indirect, and the dome temp was roughly 10 degrees different. The tip of the tel-tru wasnt much further away from the wireless probe. I think that in a low/slow the dome and rack temps are closer than when roasting/baking. When I first started using the KK i played with it a little by inserting the POSK thermometer through the polder hole just to compare. I think the temp difference from dome to rack is about half what it is in my POSK, but I havet done any whiz-type testing of this theory.

BTW...I think you can only delete a post when there are no posts after it.

BTW...I think you can only delete a post when there are no posts after it.

Yep, I tested that and it works (the delete). Guess I could have deleted the 2nd one.

10 degress huh...not much difference, good. I didn't think there should be much on an indirect low-n-slow.

The POSK is playing second fiddle. I used it to do spatchcocked chicken' date=' corn and potatoes for dinner while the KK chugged along doing the butts. We wont discuss the fight I had getting the top hat unstuck :shock: It wasnt used to going 3-4 weeks between uses, and rusted solid.[/quote']

So... you're keeping the Pink Beast?

:shock:

Firemonkey....so do you stop and check the BBQ while mowing the lawn? :roll::wink: Is that an overnight effort as well? The pink BBQ would make a cute hood ornament for the riding lawn mower! Is the mower pink also? :eek: Maybe they make a Barbie lawn mower to match the BBQ. :D

No one has really teased you in a while about that....I couldn't resist .