DennisLinkletter

Happy Turkey Day to all..

Happy Turkey Day..

Thanks to all for your involvement on the forum. We still have lots of people reading but as you know,posting has slowed down a bit..

I know there is a meltdown going on but we all gotta eat..

After I ship a container tomorrow, I'll be building myself a new cooker for Bali and will be getting back to cookin' and posting..

Once again Happy Thanksgiving...

lo-thanksgiving_humor_eat_ham_turkey-810472.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all-remember ALL things in moderation!

After a busy two days and thousands of pounds of turkey later, I can't wait to taste some roasted turkey with all the fixins'. The unfortunate part is we will be at my Mother-in-Law's and won't be having a KK bird. I did save a fresh bird for the weekend though! I think it's too big for the rotisserie, what is the optimal size for the larger EZQUE basket?

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all-remember ALL things in moderat

The unfortunate part is we will be at my Mother-in-Law's and won't be having a KK bird.

So which one is the unfortunate part, being at the Ma-in-law's place or the non KK bird? Or both? hehe :eek:

I can't say anything about a non KK bird, as I usually deep fry my turkey at Thanksgiving. But I like them either way.

-=Jasen=-

I did my turkey on the KK, as I usually do. But I think this is the best turkey ever to come off either of my ceramics, and I have done mad max, a spatchcocked bird, apple cider brined, etc.

This year, I simply unwrapped the turkey, rinsed it, ground some pepper and salt over the top, sprinkled it with some thyme, rosemary, and onion powder INto the cavity I tossed some whole pepper corns, juniper berries, and rosemary.

Fueling the fire was KKEC, with a few chunks of apple wood and a few chunks of peach. Once the smoke thinned and the grill was up to 375, it hit the grill. Pulled it 3 1/2 -4 hours later and it was perfect. I am quite pleased with the KKEC and its neutral flavor, especially on poultry.

And these photos are where?

I did my turkey on the KK, as I usually do. But I think this is the best turkey ever to come off either of my ceramics, and I have done mad max, a spatchcocked bird, apple cider brined, etc.

This year, I simply unwrapped the turkey, rinsed it, ground some pepper and salt over the top, sprinkled it with some thyme, rosemary, and onion powder INto the cavity I tossed some whole pepper corns, juniper berries, and rosemary.

Fueling the fire was KKEC, with a few chunks of apple wood and a few chunks of peach. Once the smoke thinned and the grill was up to 375, it hit the grill. Pulled it 3 1/2 -4 hours later and it was perfect. I am quite pleased with the KKEC and its neutral flavor, especially on poultry.

Re: And these photos are where?

They were on my mom's camera. I had to wait for them to make the email circuit back to me 8)

Here it is a couple of hours in...this is the first time the grill was opened since adding the turkey...

turkeycz9.jpg

Here it is with about 30 minutes to go. I am adding the nasty parts for my guests to enjoy. Personally, I think its a toss up between giblets and Mah Dong for "things I would prefer not to have in my grill".

cookingthegrosspartsoh4.jpg

turkeyalmostdoneci8.jpg

...keeping a watchful eye and being really quiet, not wanting to be the next fowl on the grill.

coolbird1li6.jpg

Done!

turkeydoneos5.jpg