ckreef

Super Jr Does Easter

Crazy, drunk, neighbors showed up in the middle of all this which made for an interesting cook to say the least. Scallops were a little overdone but other than that the meal was spot on.

Menu has the details.

5add0fbeeb2567187da0b8dd665790c0.jpg

Cheese cake coming along.

62f2ae4a1d2d7680959d9287dcc515c9.jpg

A violet kiss.

b4fa120c92025579197c598acfef2b1d.jpg

Hasselback potatoes and pineapple.

bf0ceed27f765fc18d75211116bd354f.jpg

Stuffed lobster and scallops.

dae1586b462cb0617277754142b654bd.jpg

2fd79bec60880e4a62512bb889a4925b.jpg

Mrs skreef hit a home run with this desert.

de5cc53e3ab7c38984a1afedc66a5cb6.jpg

• Like 1

ckreef - it just doesn't get any better than that! Congrats on a gorgeous cook. I see you doubled up on the desert. I love grilled pineapple! And that cheesecake is WAY off my diet. Belated Happy Easter to you and your family!

Was going to do asparagus but switched to pineapple instead.

I wanted to use the pineapple rind as a glass for the Backyard Bistro's signature drink for two. Neighbors sort of interrupted that so I put the pineapple glass in the freezer for future use (really soon).

• Like 1

I hope when I get my KK I will be able to cook half as good as Ckreef. That is a fine meal sir.

I appreciate the compliment but you give me too much credit.

This was really a mis-managed menu. The optimum cook temps for the various parts didn't match correctly which made this cook harder than it should have been.

I've gotten slack from using multiple Kamados. Won't make that mistake again. Next time I'll either use multiple Kamados or make a better matched menu.

Serious, dude!

Great minds - I did some pineapple on the grill yesterday, too!

Question - noticed your thermocouple wire on top of the lip. Does this size KK come with the wire port in the side, like its bigger brothers/sisters do?

Unfortunately the little guy does not come with probe ports. Not really worried as it still doesn't leak any air even with the wire hanging out.

Unfortunately the little guy does not come with probe ports. Not really worried as it still doesn't leak any air even with the wire hanging out.

The first production run of the 16" grills did not have the Guru faceplate and so the guys thought/assumed incorrectly it did not need the thermocouple sleeve and I did not catch it.

Future production of the new Hi-Cap version has both the faceplate and sleeve. The cables will be ok because the two flat areas on the lip have 3-4 mm gap and the hollow D shaped gasket won't hurt them either..

I'll talk to production about how and where we could add a sleeve for you..might have to make it a tad lower to get under the steel step inside the lip//

• Like 1

The first production run of the 16" grills did not have the Guru faceplate and so the guys thought/assumed incorrectly it did not need the thermocouple sleeve and I did not catch it.

Future production of the new Hi-Cap version has both the faceplate and sleeve. The cables will be ok because the two flat areas on the lip have 3-4 mm gap and the hollow D shaped gasket won't hurt them either..

I'll talk to production about how and where we could add a sleeve for you..might have to make it a tad lower to get under the steel step inside the lip//

And that my friends, is called customer service! He didn't call reporting an issue, wasn't complaining, yet the company reached out via social media and is offering to customize a potential solution.

The rage today is something called the "net promoter score (NPS)", basically, every time you answer the question "would you recommend this product/company to a friend", your answer is captured and applied to that product/company NPS, it's a big deal to get above 50%, most companies bump along in the 20 to 30 range. My educated guess is that Dennis would pull in the 98 ~ 99 range (there are always a few disgruntled customers no matter what you do). Basically a "beyond world class ranking"! All based on an excellent product backed by unbelievable customer service, both during and after the sale!

P.S. All of this done while out of the country dealing with a family members passing (condolences to you and the family)

A two Sleve upgrade would be awesome. One for meat temp one for grate temp.

For now there really is no issue routing them through the dome opening. I have to do that on my other Kamados so I'm use to it and it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Based upon my 23" KK's port, one should be plenty for running both wires out. In fact, I've had 3 probe wires run through it on occasion - one grill, 2 meat.

That would work for me. I was under the assumption it was 1 probe per port. With this size kamado I'll only ever need 2 probes and then only on certain cooks.