skreef

Shrimp and Grits

Awesome looking dessert! 

We'll have to share shrimp & grits recipes. I think mine is a pretty damned good one if I do say so myself. I'm from SC, so I'd better know how to make decent shrimp & grits or they'll take away my visiting privileges!

• Like 1

skreef:  Good looking vittles!

Just got back from my first visit to North Carolina...and had my first taste of the local fare, shrimp and grits, at the Spouter Inn dinner house in Beaufort...splendido!  It was one of those depressing dinners.  Depressing because with each fork full I got closer to the end of some incredibly tasty fare!  

• Like 1

Skreef - I'm not a big fan of gratis, but I just changed my mind! Killer cook! Awesome desert! Killer pics. WOW! Young lady, you can cook on that KK!

I use to hate grits. They are an acquired taste for a Yankee like me but .................

You don't have to like Grits you'll hardly know you're eating them. A little bit of the creamy tomato sauce with each bite of the meal. And the bread to sop up whatever is left.

Dang it making me hungry for another serving.

She has made these a few times and this was her best one to date

skreef:  Good looking vittles!

Just got back from my first visit to North Carolina...and had my first taste of the local fare, shrimp and grits, at the Spouter Inn dinner house in Beaufort...splendido!  It was one of those depressing dinners.  Depressing because with each fork full I got closer to the end of some incredibly tasty fare!  

While the Outer Banks of NC are very nice, next time go to the "real" Beaufort, the one in SOUTH Carolina, for shimp and grits. It's a "low country" dish and Beaufort, SC is in the heart of the low country. Beautiful city, too!

All in how you're raised. Southern boys eat grits for breakfast, Yankees eat oatmeal. 

So, I'd have to say the same thing about Oatmeal = mucilage! Anything that needs that much brown sugar, honey, butter, milk, etc. to be able to choke down is pushing the limits of food (IMHO!) Flaked oats are only good for 2 things - Scotchies and Stout! 

I bet, Mom's are like that!

My Dad in his later years would get up before Mom and make his own breakfast. He'd brag about how he only needed a kettle of water on the stove to make breakfast - instant coffee and instant oatmeal. I'd just shake my head in bewilderment, as my Dad was actually a decent cook, when he wanted to!

• Like 1

Being a Yankee I like my breakfast Grits with sugar.

Kills Mrs skreef every time I do it. She's a true Southern Country Girl. For her Grits with sugar is about as close to a mortal sin as one can get - LOL

:sign5: Is that like putting ketchup on eggs, or broccoli on nachos :occasion5:  

• Like 1

Being a Yankee I like my breakfast Grits with sugar.

Kills Mrs skreef every time I do it. She's a true Southern Country Girl. For her Grits with sugar is about as close to a mortal sin as one can get - LOL

EEEWWWW - I think that I'm gonna hurl!  :sign11:

I knew that there was something about Mrs. skreef that I liked, besides her great cooking! 

• Like 2