ckreef

Mrs skreef's Komodo Pepper Bouquet

This is the cook Mrs skreef submitted for the Guru pepper challenge.

I finnally decided on a pepper entry.

It wasnt easy to decide but..I love spring and summer for continuous blooming of flowers, so why not a bouquet of Peppers with their vibrant colors.

Kamado grilled Baby bell and habanero pepper flowers with asparagus stems. Planted in brown sugar dirt with serrano pepper grass. A cool side dip of cream cheese and ranch dressing.

Prep work.

836ec142f7f2a3892e6bc099011966c8.jpg

Roasted peppers for their individual beauty.

4befb2e78939ccffdf65e95361c3bb1a.jpg

067fbc9bf8e4a2aa3f82ad75caed19b2.jpg

Ready to build the flowers.

3b784f314b2b6eb8873fa901a9f104c0.jpg

Grass and dirt.

b9ce8ffd79e9a6693f982906b2039cf1.jpg

The challenge money shot.

f7ca588bc6875e55f751890d65d89b98.jpg

That is a really great presentation. If it only tastes half as good as it looks, it’s going to be super delicious, and I bet it tastes better than it looks. ^_^

All I will say is you better put your big boy panties on if you want to eat one of these flowers - LOL
  • Like 1

Mrs skreef wanted to thank everyone for the sentiments, she has not been able to logon for the last couple of nights but I read her all the replies.

She had fun with this one - we don't cook with a lot of hot peppers so coming up with something to enter has been a challenge. This was a last minute idea as we were heading to the grocery store - inspiration from the Internet helped.

Just yesterday I finally decided on what I am going to enter and will present it this weekend - the month is running out.

Neither of us even thought about the possible consequences of coring and cutting the habanero peppers. Glad she didn't rub her eyes afterward.

Gorgeous. Hope she does well in the Challenge!

Gutsy lady, noticed that she was cutting up chiles without gloves!!

Thank you..you know not till you mention it that I realize I did that..but. no cuts on hands or fingers..that was a good thing

That is a really great presentation. If it only tastes half as good as it looks, it’s going to be super delicious, and I bet it tastes better than it looks. ^_^

Thanks willburpan..if you eat this bouquet be ready with Mik and bread cause it will lite up your life..lol..the bell peppers were a good flavor with the cheese dip but the Hot Peppers were a bit adventurous