MacKenzie

First Roti Chicken on Pebbles

There are many ways to serve that rotisserie chicken and one of my favourites is in a hot chicken sandwich. ;) Naturally it must be served with fries and peas :) I had just picked these peas and if you have ever done that and tasted them raw you will know how sweet and delicious they are. I just couldn't bare to cook them. Not only are they very sweet but there is a little crunch too.:)

BTW, I used the bones of that chicken to make stock soooooo why not make a butter/flour roux and make gravy with some of the stock. :)

XKPXAPo.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve had poutine in Canada. It is amazing. Some people think that poutine is too heavy and rich. Those people are wrong. ^_^

CC, if you’re ever at a Houlihan’s, try their Disco Fries. It’s not exactly poutine, but it’s a reasonable approximation.

• Like 1

Biscuits with chicken and veggie casserole for dinner this evening, that rotisserie chicken just keeps on giving and giving ;)

post-2394-0-06962900-1438225079_thumb.jp

post-2394-0-77563000-1438225121_thumb.jp

The casserole was put on the grill about 20 mins. before the biscuits were added.

post-2394-0-97449600-1438229239_thumb.jp

Biscuits on the KK.

post-2394-0-38330200-1438225431_thumb.jp

post-2394-0-61463700-1438225375_thumb.jp

Casserole is done.

post-2394-0-76206900-1438225458_thumb.jp

Plated.

ozCaLCN.jpg

MacKenzie - wow, what a sumptuous treat that must have been! A treat for the eyes as well as the tummy. Kudos!

One quick question ... I've always put my biscuits on top of my casserole after its good and hot and let the biscuits bake there. As good a chef as you are, how come you didn't do the same? I know you have a reason and I'd like to learn. Thanks in advance!