Poochie

Beef Ribs and Hot Links

More beef ribs but this time I had some hot links to cook with them. It held 350 for this cook without a hitch. Ribs came out juicy and the skin on the hot links had a crunch to it. 

post-2487-0-93814500-1440462679_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-83354500-1440462685_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-50079600-1440462688_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-08328700-1440462695_thumb.jp

post-2487-0-93582400-1440462700_thumb.jp

I used the forum uploader and one of my pictures is turned sideways. I guess there's a learning curve! The photos are HUGE when you click on them.

Wowzer!!! Those beef ribs look crazy good, and thanks follow r the high res pics... I zoomed in on that money-shot and couldn't stop staring! Nice smoke ring and it looks SO juicy!!

May I ask how long it took (did you cook to a planned internal temp?) and if you used any wood for smoke? Any marinade on them?

I love beef ribs and these look AWESOME!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poochie - that's one very nice cook! Wonderful color on those ribs. And I love hot links on the KK; a mustard, a little diced onion, a little dill relish, and a cold beer and you're in heaven! Kudos on a great cook.

Ok CC... I need some 'cross the pond' translation assistance: "hot-links" are a particular type of sausage?

I put hoisin sauce and Chinese sweet pepper sauce on them. No oil of any kind. The black you see on them is the sugar in the sweet pepper sauce that burned. However, I like that flavor. Weird, I know. I cooked them at 350 for about 3 1/2 hours. Your milage will vary since these weren't as meaty as other beef ribs I've seen.  And Tomahawk66, hot-links are just sausages that are well peppered. Some are a lot hotter than others. And like CC said, they're great on a bun with onions, relish, mustard or BBQ sauce. Makes a great lunch or snack while other stuff is cooking.

Ok CC... I need some 'cross the pond' translation assistance: "hot-links" are a particular type of sausage?

Tomahawk - hot links are a type of sausage that has a bit of a spicy kick to it. They are generally seasoned like a regular style American hot dog but with some cayenne pepper and other spices tossed in for good measure. To my palette they are not too spicy, but a few others find them a bit too much. Hopes this helps!