ckreef

Meatball Pizza Appetizer

I wanted to show an example of using pizza as an appetizer. Unfortunately this was definitely not one of my better attempts but I did the cook and took the pictures so I figured I would post it anyway.

Italian Meatball Pizza Appetizer

What better crust for an appetizer pizza other than the world famous Reef's Cracker Crust - LOL - with some Italian seasonings added.

48fbc76aaa4b4e1008d943d5ab05474b.jpg

Parbaked the crust. I actually used 1 1/2 times the dough recipe then divided it into 4. Once baked and cut I had 8 appetizer sized pizza crusts.

84e92c17ff8d179b98c913cf1f4c9c59.jpg

Building the appetizer. Homemade spaghetti sauce, hand sliced mozzarella, a smooshed out homemade Italian Meatball and a little extra cheese.

e702d378cd3effb469ad78bc65a217b4.jpg

Cooking on the KK.

a796b5c94e8dc8fce7a6b27344dff702.jpg

A couple of appetizers.

1df1f001f7efc120961bca824c31702e.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cook and crappy pictures. I'm a little disappointed in myself but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Charles - this doesn't look carppy at all. I prefer to call it rustic! :lol:

I've done something similar and this looks every bit as tasty! A cold beer, a bit of this thin crust, some good tunes, and you've got a feast!

Very nicely done. Smooshed meatball kudos to ya!

Now, please pass a slice of that this way.

Did you crack your pizza stone, or chip away to make it fit the KK???

That is my custom cut pizza stone to fit the 16.5". An old pizza stone I had laying around. I used an angle grinder with a masonry wheel/blade to cut it. Only took a couple of minutes.

I'm really considering taking the angle grinder to my Akorn smoking stone. It's a massive stone and I rarely use it anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wanted to show an example of using pizza as an appetizer. Unfortunately this was definitely not one of my better attempts but I did the cook and took the pictures so I figured I would post it anyway.

Italian Meatball Pizza Appetizer

What better crust for an appetizer pizza other than the world famous Reef's Cracker Crust - LOL - with some Italian seasonings added.

48fbc76aaa4b4e1008d943d5ab05474b.jpg

Parbaked the crust. I actually used 1 1/2 times the dough recipe then divided it into 4. Once baked and cut I had 8 appetizer sized pizza crusts.

84e92c17ff8d179b98c913cf1f4c9c59.jpg

Building the appetizer. Homemade spaghetti sauce, hand sliced mozzarella, a smooshed out homemade Italian Meatball and a little extra cheese.

e702d378cd3effb469ad78bc65a217b4.jpg

Cooking on the KK.

a796b5c94e8dc8fce7a6b27344dff702.jpg

A couple of appetizers.

1df1f001f7efc120961bca824c31702e.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cook and crappy pictures. I'm a little disappointed in myself but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I think it looks good, no apologies necessary.

I appreciate all the kind words but it really was a disappointing cook for me. I completely mismanaged the KK for the final cooking phase which made it much harder than it should have been.

Normally I would never post something like this. I would just try and try again until I got it right but........ I wanted an example of the Cracker crust in the pizza contest and I don't think I'll have time to try again before the end of the month.