tinyfish

Rib eyes

My local grocery store had prime rib on sale this week so guess whats for dinner.

Started the steaks indirect with some sugar maple for smoke just getting ready to sear.post-2313-0-68074900-1443999330_thumb.jp

Grill marks could have been a little better. The family just wanted to eat so they were pressuring me to hurry up. Cooked some fries in the air fryer...delicious and the plated shot.

post-2313-0-44915800-1443999357_thumb.jp

post-2313-0-49060900-1443999518_thumb.jp

post-2313-0-53668900-1443999375_thumb.jp

CK - if you've done the research on 'best air fryer,' please let me know the model you think is best.  I'm debating between an electric oil fryer or air fryer.  I don't really like stinking up the house, which I think any oil fryer would do, be it electric or dutch oven.  I have two gassers with side burners but the flame control is not good enough to maintain a steady temp for outdoor frying on those either.  Looking for a frying solution.

CK - if you've done the research on 'best air fryer,' please let me know the model you think is best.  I'm debating between an electric oil fryer or air fryer.  I don't really like stinking up the house, which I think any oil fryer would do, be it electric or dutch oven.  I have two gassers with side burners but the flame control is not good enough to maintain a steady temp for outdoor frying on those either.  Looking for a frying solution.

In my research the Philips Air Fryer was one of the top rated ones, the T-Fal is very good also and it was a larger capacity for less price.

Grill marks or not, those are some tasty looking steaks!

Here’s a wacky idea. Set your KK grill for 350ºF indirect. Put a pot of oil inside. Use it as a deep fryer. The grill encloses all the oil splatter, which gets burned off at the next high heat cook.

Would this have the same end result as using lighter fluid as far a impregnating the interior pores of the grill?

Robert

Maybe, but then again, I would expect that any of the oils from the fat in brisket/ribs/pork butt/steak/chicken that spatter during the cooking process could impregnate the interior pores of the grill as well, and we don’t worry so much about that. 

I’ve always thought that the issue with lighter fluid, or whatever’s in self-lighting charcoal briquettes, imparting a nasty taste to future cooks wasn’t so much the lighter fluid impregnating the interior of the grill, but the fact that lighter fluid tastes nasty. If lighter fluid tasted like rendered pork fat, we’d be using it by the pint. ^_^

• Like 1

I like the phillips but have been leaning heavily towards the Tfal actifry. I think I like that I can buy it at costco and return if with any issues.  I have read issues of both breaking down quickly, the Tfal has moving parts...

It is my Christmas list number 2

bosco's Christmas list:

1. CyberQ wifi

2. Tfal fryer

3. 16" TT kk

1 and 3 are highly doubtful... but Santa wants to hear everything always!!