ckreef

Spinning Low-n-slow

Both of my parents are gone. Guess that makes me an orphan. Available for adoption Dad. I'm a good eater and don't cry much.

Yea but can you do dishes and cleanup? There are two types of people in my house - those who cook and those who clean. Unless your name is ckreef - he cooks but never cleans even when he doesn't cook. Mrs skreef asks, "How is that fair?" "All is fair in love and food!", by my rules anyway - LOL

Rutabaga? Looks like a cross between a potato and a squash of some sort.....do tell.

First time I've ever had it. Not to bad. It's a very hard root vegetable almost the size of a softball that needs to be peeled and cut up with a fairly long cook time. From what Mrs skreef tells it's more like a turnip. It starts out white/yellow and as it finishes cooking it turns a light orange color.

Both me and my son thought it needed a little sweetness to the cook. Next time I do one I'm going to cut it up about the size of baby carrots. I'll cook them along with some baby carrots with rosemary and a touch of honey