Firemonkey

So I made this thing...

Woke up this morning, and was thinking "what should I make for dinner?" As I opened up the front door, i saw this guy still perched on top of my front patio tiki, and decided that the fall decor was finished, having been replaced by Christmas, and so why not eat it?

post-83-0-94765500-1449702486_thumb.jpeg

Grilled up some peppers from the garden and asparagus while preheating the grill

post-83-0-18687300-1449702578_thumb.jpeg

Just enough to get some grill flavor

post-83-0-18241500-1449702624_thumb.jpeg

Cooked up some brown/wild rice medley, and also some bratwurst that I had removed from the casings. Softened up some diced celery, onions and seasoned with fresh rosemary, thyme, minced garlic, and some red pepper flakes, diced up the grilled vegetables, and mixed it all together. The first time I filled the pumpkin, I was about 2 cups of volume short, so I dumped it back out, stirred in some big butter and garlic croutons, and reloaded everything.

On the grill for a couple hours, 325 indirect

post-83-0-10790900-1449703045_thumb.jpeg

While it was cooking, I cleaned the seeds, boiled them in some salt water for a few minutes, then tossed with a little olive oil and creole seasoning. About an hour after the pumpkin went in the grill I added the seeds to roast. By this time, the grill was about 400.

post-83-0-93079300-1449703266_thumb.jpeg

It roasted for a little over 2 hours, til it was tender.