MacKenzie

Pork Back Ribs Cook

Did 2 slabs of pork back ribs, sprinkled with garlic and pepper then let sit in fridge overnight.On the KK at about 180F with some apple smoke. Over the 5.5 hour cook I let the temp. rise to 225F.

K003Ahe.jpg

KZllH6Z.jpg

Here they are at the 3.5 hour. I sprinkled on a commercial spice rub.

y3qGooV.jpg

5.5 hours and I'm calling the ribs done.

BGvleKu.jpg

Internal shots-

O5izHgD.jpg

Thick end and as you can see a lot more moist.

VIArGN3.jpg

The thin end ribs were devoured for supper along with another one of those super sweet sweet potatoes.:)

toNMHLI.jpg

MacKenzie - when I first saw the pics of the ribs on the KK, I was shocked … I thought you had stolen Beauty! Don't you just love that color pebble?

What great pics of a delicious cook! And I love the money shot at the end. Wonderful cook. Kudos to ya!

PS - I love the peas in that shot. Peas are about my favorite veggie.

Tony, now that you ask, I did that today and it worked fine. The real test will be months from now when I take a package out of the freezer although I don't anticipate problems. I saw no difference in taste just the temp. of the meat. I set the SV at 130F. I probably could have gone a little hotter for a short time.

w96nsxi.jpg

I'll throw in dessert for you too - I had a pie pumpkin that I needed to do something with before it spoiled so I made pumpkin butter, some coconut whipped cream, put them together to get pumpkin pie parfait. ;)

NtzQtmY.jpg

rpP8P7Y.jpg

MacKenzie - dadgummit all anyway! That's just not fair. Posting those kicked up more than a few notches french toast pics just isn't fair one bit! French toast is comfort food, and coconut cream pie is my favorite, but combining them is simply way, way too much! You have to post the recipe for this. Please!?