Rak

First KK pizza night!

Time to try pizza on the new KK!  

I've been making pizza's on my Kamados for a while, but this was my first time on the KK.  I followed my usual recipe and techniques, the only variables were the new grill and the KK baking stone.  

The results were great!  Because the KK was heat soaked at 600F (I wanted to get it at 550F, but I overshot!), and the massive baking stone was fully heat saturated, I was able to fire the pies one after another without worrying about having to come back up to temp, thats 3 pies cooked without worry or waiting for the Kamado and pizza stone to get back up to temp - all perfect!!  

On a rainy day like today, that was very much appreciated, as was the top vent!!

Here are the pics, probably more than anyone needs, but its my party so  :tongue5:

post-2508-0-52301000-1454288820_thumb.jp

post-2508-0-03247300-1454288885_thumb.jp

post-2508-0-40697700-1454288833_thumb.jp

post-2508-0-76857100-1454288847_thumb.jp

post-2508-0-75935000-1454288869_thumb.jp

post-2508-0-54026200-1454288911_thumb.jp

post-2508-0-95894400-1454288936_thumb.jp

post-2508-0-62633500-1454288895_thumb.jp

Thanks for looking!

I wrote a reply to this great pizza post and must have forgotten to click the POST button, don't you just hate that.;)

Those are wonderful looking pizzas, they are making my mouth water. :)  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :occasion9:  I've been waiting all day for these pizzas and it was well worth the wait. Crust looks perfect. :) Rak, you have driven me to start some pizza dough tonight. I'll let it rise for 72 hours and we'll see how that goes. The pressure is on, thanks, Rak.:) 

Great looking pies and pictures.

Did you take your side shelves off?

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

Thank you Charles!  

Yes, I took the shelves off yesterday.  

The weather was really nice yesterday so I set up my rotisserie bracket on the one side and got everything adjusted for a spin later this week :)  

Now that they are off, I'm also thinking that I'll just leave them off until spring.  No point in letting the elements get to them if I don't need them right now!  

Yes, I took the shelves off yesterday.  

The weather was really nice yesterday so I set up my rotisserie bracket on the one side and got everything adjusted for a spin later this week :)

Now that they are off, I'm also thinking that I'll just leave them off until spring.  No point in letting the elements get to them if I don't need them right now!  

Rak........did you know you can mount the rotisserie bracket and the shelving bracket together on the right side of the cooker (I didn't know that until I saw it on the forum).  Just takes a little alignment but no problems putting the shelf on afterwards.  FYI