mk1

House made Pastrami and smoked cheese

Cheese :D that looks awesome :D.

FWIW I had the Chefs Choice 610 slicer and although it was affordable it mostly frustrated me for slicing anything in the meat/cheese category.  So if I choose to obtain another slicer it will be more robust and in the light commercial category.  

Ahh, that looks good. I have been wanting to brine a corned beef and smoke it into a pastrami.

I have a jaxpro 7 inch slicer, this is a light commercial unit with a sharpener, my only concern, complaint is that I must cut the product to fit the machine. My bacon is about 3 inches shorter than packaged bacon, but much tastier

That looks amazing! The only thing that’s kept me from trying to make my own pastrami is the long brine time, so hats off to you for seeing it through.

I do wish I had a slicer.

FWIW, the real old school delis (Katz’s in New York, Langer’s in L.A., Kaufman’s in Chicago (actually, Skokie)) slice their pastrami by hand, so don’t feel bad. Their goal is to make a pastrami so tender so that machine slicing would shred it to bits, which means that hand slicing is their only option.