dstr8

Roasted Cauliflower & Chicken Stacked Enchiladas

Although no pics were taken with the various components and final dish within my Twenty-Three KK...darn it anyway...the final taste results spoke volumes.  Every ingredient and final bake was done on my KK; and for which no electric/gas/propane oven could replicate.

Started by roasting poblanos & New Mex green peppers over Dennis' Coffee Wood Lump following by cumin & smoked paprika spiced cauliflower florets.   Then I added apple wood chunks to the now heat soaked KK and roasted a chicken, spice rubbed & split; 20-minutes @ 500F and then shut down to 375F for another 35-minutes.   The result:  Super crispy spiced skin and moist tender chicken meat.

Homemade corn tortillas are always a must and no exception this time.   For the in-between the layers sauce I roasted fresh tomatillos, again over the apple smoke infused coffee wood lump then using a food processor combined them with fresh cilantro, roasted garlic, roasted poblano & new mex green (seeing the theme here? :D), chopped onion, a little sour cream to bind and S&P to taste.

Plate up before the final bake on the thoroughly heat soaked KK:   A little sauce atop the plate followed by one of the homemade corn tortillas with a layer of shredded roast chicken with enough of the roasted tomatillo & cilantro sauce to cover, then topped with another tortilla.  Place enough of the sliced roasted spiced cauliflower florets to cover followed again by a light layer of the crema and a little shredded Monterey Jack cheese (if you live near Salinas or South Bay it will be worth your time to find Schoch Dairy's Raw Milk Farmstead Jack...'nuff said).  Another tortilla followed by a roasted poblano & a little more M.Jack...and you guessed it:  Another corn tortilla atop.   Spoon enough crema to cover the top along with a thin layer of the M.Jack cheese and out to the hot KK for 20-30 minutes until light golden brown.

Fresh cilantro to taste and more crema...

This dish will get made again ;)  

Photo credit goes to my 'bestest', Rhonda :)

FullSizeRender 8.jpg