Rak

Pineapple Stand Chicken

Hiya friends!

I haven't posted for a while but that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking!

Today I was trying a recipe from Diva Q's new book and it was seriously good!  Pineapple stand chicken served with fried rice.  The chicken was moist and tasty with a hint of sweetness, really good combo of flavours.

The book..

IMG_20160703_102138.jpg

Step 1...turn the pineapple into a stand...

20160705_163146.jpg

Step 2..Season chicken and place on stand.  I figured since I was using pineapple, something with an asian theme would be great.  The family with happy with this decision :)

20160705_164101.jpg

Step 3..Cook chicken around 300F until done.  Mine looked a little drunk and leaning, but it held up!

20160705_165838.jpg

Step 4...serve and enjoy!

20160705_182057.jpg

PS - the rest of the pineapple was grilled and served with ice-cream.....if you know my kids (and me), you'll understand how there are no pics of that!!! 

Thanks for looking :)

Rak

• Like 2

@Rak - my Friemd, that is an amazing cook!  I love that stand idea made out of pineapple.  Really ingenious.  I love that money shot; I wish I was there to take a taste!  As for the grilled pineapple and icecream, YUM!  Beautifully done.  Kudos to you!

P.S?  Belated Happy Canada Day!

I miss her BBQ show on the Travel Channel (BBQ Crawl).

A big thumbs up on the Q-Nami. :smt023 Great stuff. LOVE IT!!  If you haven't tried Dizzy Pig's Pineapple Head, get some. Wonderful on grilled pineapple (and peaches, and apples, and ...)

While it's a cute execution, I think I'd rather just toss some fresh pineapple chunks inside the chicken and put it in the rotisserie basket! 

17 hours ago, tony b said:

I miss her BBQ show on the Travel Channel (BBQ Crawl).

A big thumbs up on the Q-Nami. :smt023 Great stuff. LOVE IT!!  If you haven't tried Dizzy Pig's Pineapple Head, get some. Wonderful on grilled pineapple (and peaches, and apples, and ...)

While it's a cute execution, I think I'd rather just toss some fresh pineapple chunks inside the chicken and put it in the rotisserie basket! 

Thanks Tony.  Yes, I have the DP Pineapple head and love it on grilled fruit as well!  I also agree with you, this was about presentation, certainly lots of ways to execute the flavour profile, but this was fun.

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Interesting use of pineapple. Could have then planted the top, although up in Canada it would be more of a house plant most of the year.

Reef's Bistro

LOL Its true Charles...our weather isn't exactly pineapple growing friendly....or peaches for that matter (hint hint) ;p

• Like 1