KevinD

First Cook On Pele

3 hours ago, 5698k said:

You probably won't eat restaurant ribs again!

Rob

Ditto that!!!! Well, except to compare and reinforce how good yours are by comparison (but it really sucks when you get the bill :mad:) Don't take this as a negative on the KK, because it's not, but you should be prepared to get used to sub-par meals when going out if you order what you BBQ or grill on your KK, even if it's Ruth's Chris, Gouchos, wood-fired pizzas and even the most famous BBQ houses. 

I hear you. I grew up in a family of good cooks who made most things from scratch.   All of my life I have had a high standards that most restaurants won't live up to food-wise.   On the rare occasion when I do go out it is because I don't feel like cooking and it's just a break, and since I don't have high expectations I'm normally not disappointed – LOL! 

As for good barbecue it typically is not to be found in Southern California. I have lived in other parts of the country including the south and I know what a good barbecue is and isn't.  It's nice to know that I now have the means to more easily achieve excellent barbecue results at home. But more importantly to me, this helps me to do what I really love and that is to cook for friends and family.  The KK is an excellent tool that will allow me to do more of what I love...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bosco said:

looks like some killer grub to me.

How did it compare to cooks on other cookers?

There is no comparison.   With the KK I can literally do it in my sleep. The other cookers that I have used in the past required constant vigilance and attention and quite frankly could be a pain in azz.   I do understand though that there are people that thrive on "the mystery and magic barbecue." The KK makes it so easy and has others have said, once you get the hang of getting to and maintaining your cook point, the game is all but over.  Having said that I certainly don't want to minimize the care that goes into the pre-cook preparation and of course the finish effort once it does come off of the grill.

The results are beyond  anything I had ever achieve before!