ckreef

Crazy, Cheese Edged, Meat Lovers, Deep Dish Pizza

Started with a deep dish dough spread on the bottom but NOT up the sides. 

CDDa.jpg

Added a double layer of sliced mozzarella on the sides and floor. 

CDDb.jpg

Added an extra thick layer of meat. Italian sausage, pizza seasoned ground beef, and small diced ham. 

CDDc.jpg

Added a full 14 oz.  Of pizza sauce. I subscribe to the less is more concept for pizza but not with deep dish or pan. A little shaker cheese. 

CDDd.jpg

In it goes. I put it on a cold, thin pizza stone to assure me the bottom didn't burn. Also a soaked Bake-Right Strip. 

CDDe.jpg

After 15 minutes I pulled it and brought it inside. 

CDDf.jpg

Added some shredded mozzarella and pepperoni. 

CDDg.jpg

Back on it went. After 15 more minutes I took a peak. This made me laugh. I'll name this picture "Ooey, Goey, Goodness". I guess I need a taller pan - LOL 

CCDh.jpg

It wasn't quite ready so I opened the vents a bit and let it ride for another 10 minutes. Looks good now. 

CCDi.jpg

I brought it inside and let it rest for 5 minutes then trimmed it up. 

CCDJ.jpg

After trimming it continued to rest for another 5 minutes. I'm usually really good at coaxing these out of the pan. This one wasn't going to come out without mangling it so I served slices from the pan. 

CDDK.jpg

This was really good but fork and knife only. Very, very filling.

Next time I need to  get a taller pan and don't use the Bake-Right Strip. Only a section of the cheese edge crisped up the way I wanted it to and that was because I used the strip. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 5698k said:

I'll fight you for the burnt cheese!!

Rob

That was the problem. Only about 1/3 of the edge had burnt cheese. Probably why I couldn't coax it out of the pan. 

I'm going to blame this on Mrs skreef. She's not a big fan of burnt cheese. In an attempt to please her I was going for crispy not burnt cheese which is why I used the Bake-right strip. Won't make that mistake again.