ckreef

Tofu Wellington

This was my "Chopped" challenge on Guru. The 4 must use ingredients were Tofu,  Apples,  Corn and Sriracha sauce.

A non traditional Wellington made with Tofu and served with Bourbon Apples. 

The different ingredients. 

tofu.jpg

TWa.jpg

TWb.jpg

Through a strange set of circumstances the tofu got marinated in the refrigerator for 32 hours. Didn't seem to hurt it. CI seared the outside at 450*. Allowed to cool. 

TWc.jpg

A layer of Prosciutto and corn paste. Rolled it up in saran wrap then in the freezer for a few minutes. 

TWd.jpg

TWe.jpg

While in the freezer I started on the Bourbon Apples. 

TWf.jpg

Roll it up in puff pastry then grill at 400* until golden brown. 

TWg.jpg

TWh.jpg

TWi.jpg

Dinner is served - I guess. The Bourbon Apples were a big hit and I'll come up with a recipe for that soon. The Wellington was edible. 

If tofu was the only protein left on earth I could make it work. 

TWj.jpg

9 hours ago, tony b said:

Gritting my teeth on this one. I was quasi on board with the Wellington idea for the tofu, but you lost me with the corn paste filling. Loved the bourbon apples though. 

The corn paste instead of the traditional mushroom paste and it used one of my required ingredients. The corn paste was one of the better parts and I can see stuffing other meats with a corn paste. 

3 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Great idea turned out good the bourbon apples sound tasty I have my cook figured out just have to cook it now lol

Outback Kamado Bar and Grillemoji621.png

Can't wait to see what you and  the other KK owners come up with. 

Edited by ckreef

8 hours ago, ckreef said:

The corn paste instead of the traditional mushroom paste and it used one of my required ingredients. The corn paste was one of the better parts and I can see stuffing other meats with a corn paste. 

Understood the basket; but it was the combo of the corn and tofu inside puff pastry that had me gritting my teeth, texture more than flavor. 

• Like 1