Jon B.

It Never Happened...........However........

I know.........No pictures……………………so it never happened :grin:

Still need to share...................I cooked the best ever tri-tip on the 16 KK last night.  It was fantastic.  Everything came together.

Nice marbled 2.4 lb./1.09 kg. roast, dry brined for 3 hours in the refrigerator, spiced perfectly after rinsing, cooked in the heat soaked 16 KK at 260*F/138*C to 115*F/45*C internal with a kiss of cherry wood smoke, then reversed seared, sliced against the grain……………it was heaven on earth.

Previous results were not really good and I was about ready to give up on tri tips…………now the home-girls will be requesting them!!!  The pressure will be on to duplicate the results, yikes!!!!!!!! 

I have not told any of my family members or Redhead Sue about the new KK………they threatened an intervention if I bought another grill :shock:

Snuck it home Tuesday afternoon and have it hidden in the garage.  None of them have come down while I was cooking the last two nights.  Figure I better cook them a bunch of really good food before they find out, so I can tell them the new grill made the difference and so they don’t put me into the loony ward!!!  

At family gatherings, they used to argue between themselves (in fun) about who would get specific items from my Mom’s jewelry collection………now they argue about which grill they want after I croak.  I figure getting the 16 KK will help give the vultures more to fight over….HA!!!!

The tru-tell thermometer was lost during shipment.  I filed a claim yesterday and actually received a phone call from the carrier this morning.  The nice lady has all the terminal staff from California to New York running around looking for a 7” x 3” x 3” / 18cm x 8cm x 8cm carton. Told her that the replacement was only about $50 and it might be a heck of a lot cheaper to just buy one them instead of spending all the labor looking for it.    Will be interesting to see what happens.   

It did look something like this..............................

Tri-Tip.thumb.jpg.9513d707a284939d624bba75f388948f.jpg

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 5