gerard

Status of kk lump?

Re: Status of kk lump?

Hadn't heard anything recently about kk charcoal.

Any news on what's in the pipeline and when it'll be available?

I'm also interested. I'm almost out of my stash of extruded charcoal lump and tamarind lump.

Seeing as how people on that other site are still waiting for word on cost and availability (after a year), I feel that I may not have the opportunity to buy from that other company before I run out.

What about that Jardine Ranch charcoal? Has anyone purchased any? If they have, how does one order?

grant

Re: Status of kk lump?

What about that Jardine Ranch charcoal? Has anyone purchased any? If they have, how does one order?

grant

That's Lead Doggy's almond lump. You can go to the website (HotStuff Charcoal http://hotstuff.servehttp.com/), or PM him through this site. I'm sure he can give you the skinny. Or not so skinny, depending on your preference. :)

mrnitpicky, samantha has bought a bag of our charcoal but has never posted if she likes it yet or not. I use it all the time and of course I am biased. Truth is I have never used any other kind of lump so I don't know what anything else is like. We do sell lots of it and the people like it and come back and get more. Shipping it is a problem because I figured out the freight from California for some people here on the board located on the East Coast and the frieght was higher than the cost of the charcoal. We do have a local trucker who can deliver to some areas in California. It has been a while since I asked him what his rates are but if someone is interested I can find this out.

If I can't do it better...

In business I believe and adhere to the adage, if you can't do it better, why do it at all.

With Charcoal the three factors are Price, Quality and Availability.

Probably in that order for most.

I've decided to try to target customers wanting the best quality competitively priced. One of the ways I will be doing this is to use vacuum bagging. This will dramatically reduce the deterioration/breakage from handling and ensure your charcoal arrives dry. This also makes the bags rock hard and easier to handle.

Although I'm sure that there are some die hards who need supplies now, inquiries to purchase cookers are still very slow leading me to believe now is not the best time to send the charcoal.

I think mid to late spring is the best time to send it and not have to pay too much storing it. Please chime in if you think this is not so.

My plans are to ship extruded KoKonut charcoal, tamarind and mangrove charcoal. I'd like to get feedback about the preferred size of the bags or boxes. Of course bigger is better for me..

:wink::wink::wink::wink:

I agree with Firemonkey on the size of the bags, 40-50# seems reasonable. The vacuum packaging sounds like a great idea! And, I'm afraid you're probably right...this is likely the slow season in my neck of the woods for charcoal. I'm guessing that mid to late April is probably better than early March.

Um... sometimes hard for some of us to lift 50lb bags. :( But I do unnerstand it might make shipping easier. And packaging that size could be less expensive. But it's not easy to heave and move those big bags to store.

Wonder if there's a way to pack two 20lb bags in one 40lb bag? :? Compromise...

40-50 sounds good to me. Now, or in a month or two, doesn't matter to me. Shipping to Cleveland would be a concern to me.

Could you throw out a couple WAG numbers that you would not be held accountable for?

How many bags per pallet. 40 or 50 lb? Cost per bag. Cost to send a pallet to the East Coast?

grant

Its not that I can't lift 40-50#, but sometimes my back does not like it and I'm not getting any younger. I will figure it out one way or the other, maybe transfer to a wheeled container. I do have some of the Komado lump and I do like the boxes as it makes stacking them easier for storage. Once again this issue can be addressed by transferring to a storage bin.

Its not that I can't lift 40-50#' date=' but sometimes my back does not like it and I'm not getting any younger. I will figure it out one way or the other, maybe transfer to a wheeled container. I do have some of the Komado lump and I do like the boxes as it makes stacking them easier for storage. Once again this issue can be addressed by transferring to a storage bin.[/quote']

I can rent out my wench...she can lift a lot :shock:

Curly wrote:

I can rent out my wench...she can lift a lot

:lol::lol: Yea its that or getting fixed up with your cousin when he gets out! That is of course if Sanny decides to pass on the cousin. :lol::lol: I believe she has first right of refusal. :shock:

Right now, she's stuck with that other loser :roll:, he's probly never even done time...what a wimp :shock:

Re: If I can't do it better...

...use vacuum bagging. This will dramatically reduce the deterioration/breakage from handling and ensure your charcoal arrives dry....

What if we want multi-color charcoal? What about pourable charcoal? I thought that with this company, the customer is always right.

I want the kind that leaves a trail when it slithers out of the bag.