Alohapiggy

Another Big Green Egg Guy

Hi, everyone I’ve been cooking on a BGE for 5 years now. Ive been eyeing the Komodo Kamado for about 2 years.  I’ve been emailing Dennis lately and got a quote for shipping.  Now i’m just trying to figure out my finances then I’m ordering. I’m new to this forum but I’ve heard so many good things about the Komodo Kamado.  Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. 

Edited by Alohapiggy
  • Like 2

Hi, everyone I’ve been cooking on a BGE for 5 years now. Ive been eyeing the Komodo Kamado for about 2 years.  I’ve been emailing Dennis lately and got a quote for shipping.  Now i’m just trying to figure out my finances then I’m ordering. I’m new to this forum but I’ve heard so many good things about the Komodo Kamado.  Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. 
G'day mate. I started off with the Kamado Joe classic. Then got a Jr. Which I still have .Getting my 23 KK was the best thing . The Quality is unquestionable. I hope it works out for and you get one .

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

Welcome! What size and color are you planning to get? 

If your search uncovers any cons be sure to let us know. The only I've ever found are from those who say it is too expensive. But if you do the math, it's actually much less costly to own a KK for a lifetime than to go through the usual pattern of upgrading your grills every few years. 

The only break in is what we all know as the burn in. There is moisture in the grout that the tiles are set in, and the grill must be brought to roughly 500°, and maintained for a period of time to force the moisture out. There are many threads on the subject, but just plan on a full load of coal, beverage of choice, anything you might want to cook, and some time.

The grout gets a bit soft at this time, some liquid may appear, and some tiles might lift during the process. In the case of lifting tiles, just be sure to press them back into place as it cools. I’ve done it 4 times, 2 of my own, and two different friends with kks. It’s no big deal, actually it can be a sort of get to know your grill occasion.

Btw, metallic bronze grills cook better than the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The KK is night and day from the bge i cooked on 2 large bge's for many many years and like many have said in this forum once you get the kk home and cook on it you will ask yourself why didnt i pull the trigger sooner . the 21 is a nice size you will love it

There are NO cons to a KK - it's simply the best grill of it's kind. Pricey, yes, but you get what you pay for! Hope you see your way clear to get one; you won't regret it once it arrives. Looking forward to officially welcoming you to The Obsession!

(btw - don't listen to Robert - autumn gold flake is the best color!) :smt043

Got my 32 today and doing the venting now.  Only buy if you want the best.  This thing is over engineered.   Everything is great and Dennis is the best.   I have called several times before the purchase and a few after and he answered every time and never asked for the close.   

Crap my dreams just got shot down.  I wanted to finance this purchase because I won’t have the cash till end of this year or beginning of next year. Dennis suggested a company to finance my purchase through but they only deal with business.  The online get finance option isn’t working. So I guess I’ll wait another year or so.  I’ll  still be here lurking and commenting.  

Edited by Alohapiggy

2 hours ago, Alohapiggy said:

Crap my dreams just got shot down.  I wanted to finance this purchase because I won’t have the cash till end of this year or beginning of next year. Dennis suggested a company to finance my purchase through but they only deal with business.  The online get finance option isn’t working. So I guess I’ll wait another year or so.  I’ll  still be here lurking and commenting.  

This is the online financing company..   [email protected]