Alohapiggy

Thermoworks Billows

I just got done chatting with a customer service agent and asked if there will be any adapters for the KK.  He referred me to the adapters that are available now. I informed him that those adapters won’t work with the KK. I just received email asking for pictures of the KK and the fan port.  So fingers crossed that Thermoworks will soon make an adapter to fit the KK.   

Edited by Alohapiggy
  • Like 2

I finally got a reply back from Thermoworks after showing them pics of the KK fan port.  This is the response I got. 

“I would recommend pulling the vent assembly out, remove the wooden handle then use one of the 3 vent holes and taping the other two.  Without knowing what's behind the vent that is the best option”

So I’m guessing Thermoworks isn’t making an adapter to adapt billows to the KK.   

Edited by Alohapiggy

That does seem like a good option. :) I've had to send my whole unit back to Thermoworks. The fan would run but never shut off. Waiting to see what they say, not worried as they are a very good company and I'm sure they will rectify the situation. Their suggestion would keep the burn in the middle of the KK where as when you in from the side the burn tends to stay on the right hand side and that is also where you put the thermometer cables. When I get my unit back I think I'll try this idea out Alohapiggy. Thanks for the tip. :thumbright:

1 hour ago, Alohapiggy said:

I’m not happy with their answer.  I really wanted an adapter to work with the fan port on my KK. I really don’t want to take apart my vent and use tape.  The cyber Q is looking really attractive now. 

I have to agree. I thought it was a bogus response. Tapeing vent holes - I had to laugh. 

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

They do provide you with the tape. :)

Haha yes I feel the same.  Who’s supplying the tape?

Sticky tape on a $5k SS vent. I don't think so.............

Edited by ckreef
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alohapiggy said:

I’m not happy with their answer.  I really wanted an adapter to work with the fan port on my KK. I really don’t want to take apart my vent and use tape.  The cyber Q is looking really attractive now. 

Agree with you!  The KK has a port and it is there for a reason!   

I have been tinkering with a solution for an adapter for both Billows and a Fireboard/Auber Instruments fans.  As you know, the Guru fan is the simplest plug and play solution but it would be nice to be able to adapt the other fans/systems if you want.   

I am wondering if ThermoWorks will ever really develop an adapter for the KK.   The volume of demand likely does not stimulate their interest. 

I have physically seen and handled the Smart fire adapter, however, my KK hasn't arrived yet so not sure about it fitting. The owner has looked at the KK specs and assures me it will fit.

Dimensions are on this link. https://smartfirebbq.com/products/kamado-adaptor?_pos=4&_sid=ec0f406ed&_ss=r

and this link.

https://smartfirebbq.com/products/universal-adapter?_pos=1&_sid=ec0f406ed&_ss=r

Maybe other here can check out the measurements of their KK portals to confirm.

I don't have a smartfire but....... 

Looking at the adapter pictures (links above) neither have anything to do with a KK/Guru port. But looking at those dimensions if the inside of the Guru port is 31mm it should work without an adapter. I'm not at home so I can't measure.