Porkchop

What's going on the grill this weekend??

Tri tip is a very very tasty piece of meat! I would sear' date=' then roast to medium rare, then slice thin across the grain. You can marinate them if you like. I can get marinated tri tips at the local grocery and I'm told Costco sells plain old tri tip. Try one, you will love it![/quote']I just bought a tray of them at Costco. For now, they're in the freezer. I'll probably take one out in a morning before work, and grill it when I come home. I packaged each steak singly in zippy bags.

I also picked up some pork chops. Boneless loin. So, I tied those round like a tenderloin, and froze them individually. I'll probably brine and rosemary crust them when I do cook them. Two of them I butterflied and stuffed. Not really stuffed, but spread with alouette herbed cheese, and rolled and tied porcetta style.

Costco was sure good to me today! :)

Flank steak turned out yummy. I marinated it in the soy/hoisin/apricot preserves, etc. Got the grill nice and hot while I went to the library, then seared on each side, and shut it down to dwell.

Sliced thin, of course, which is best for flank steak, and served on slices of italian bread. :)

For some reason, "add image to post" link is coming up with a blank window. I do have a pic...

There. Got it. :) No imaginary meal for me!

dscf0979lw1.th.jpg

The Weber bullet is still working so I did ribs:

Ribs.jpg

These were the biggest ribs we have seen (must be regular size in the US but here these are considered to be big) they had lots of meat and a nice flavour.

Ribs_Smoke.jpg

You can just make out the smoke ring...

Oh yeah, we also had some grog...

Drinkies.jpg

hmmmmm beer

Did you turn all of the labels of the beer and wine away from the camera? How are we supposed to know what you are drinking?

Um there was a baby shower downstairs (that's were the ladies where) and the boys were upstairs on our deck. We though it only fair that they could see what we were up to (umm no good!).

Yep Heineken, VB (Victoria Bitter) and Hahn Premium and some wine.

Pork chop (no not THAT one...)

I just cooked a pork chop for sup. Instead of brining, I rubbed with kosher salt this morning. Nope - bad idea. Although I rinsed it thoroughly, the meat was WAY too salty. Unpleasantly so. :(

However, it was wonderfully tender and flavorful!! I'd wrapped it in string like a filet, and it was great (other than the salt).

So, I'm making another one, without salt. I'll have some for lunch tomorrow, to determine if it's any good. :)

Re: Pork chop (no not THAT one...)

I just cooked a pork chop for sup. Instead of brining, I rubbed with kosher salt this morning. Nope - bad idea. Although I rinsed it thoroughly, the meat was WAY too salty. Unpleasantly so. :(

However, it was wonderfully tender and flavorful!! I'd wrapped it in string like a filet, and it was great (other than the salt).

So, I'm making another one, without salt. I'll have some for lunch tomorrow, to determine if it's any good. :)

Sanny, do I remember correct about you getting some of the Dizzy Pig rub? I grilled some chops Monday night with their Tsumani Spin and it was fantastic! Also, Walkerswood Jerk season is great on chops too. On occasion I use Dale's marinade, but I only use a little just before I grill (and not marinade them) as it is very salty/strong for pork.

-=Jasen=-

so, SANNY is digging PORKCHOPS?

oh yeah! :smt007

what kinda porkchop anyway? bone-in loin or butterfly? my favorite is the extra-thick cut bone in loin chop. looks like a little white t-bone 8) getting too old to change things up too much tho; i just like a simple brine, some cracked black pepper, and some crystals hot sauce... SOMETIMES my sweet rub. i'm prolly a little too careful with the chops, 'cause i always brine em, and don't want the added salt from a rub.

funny; i always thot lawyers preferred their own young on the grill :shock: just kiddin sanny!

oh, btw, porkchops almost always beg roasted sweet potatoes for accompan...accompan... to go with it :D with brown sugar cinnamon & butter! and i suppose corn on the cob wouldn't be missed either... and a defib.