tinyfish

Store brined corned beef.

Bought a couple small brined corned beef briskets to eat during the week. I cooked them with some sugar maple wood chunks.

I put the briskets on early this morning and there was frost on Dexter. Dexter was sitting at 250f and look still frost.post-2313-0-42226100-1453681769_thumb.jp

post-2313-0-03106900-1453681791_thumb.jp

All cooked and ready for dinner later this week.

post-2313-0-10952400-1453681911_thumb.jppost-2313-0-65638700-1453681816_thumb.jp

Nice job!

Next time, take one of the corned beef briskets, rinse it well, then coat it with a heavy layer of ground corriander, black pepper and salt, and viola - pastrami! 

Reminds me that I've got one buried in the freezer that I should thaw out and make into pastrami!

Happens to me all the time. I either do one of two things - use my propane torch to warm it up from inside until it spins opens (usually only takes a 10 sec blast); or, once I know the fire is out after the cook, I go out and barely spin it off the seat before I put the cover back on. 

Great frost picture. A little weird with the thermometer sideways but I suppose you did that so your target temp is at the top.

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT

You guessed it, 250f is dead centre on the top. This way when I look outside I can tell when I hit 250f.

• Like 1

Learned that trick back on the old POSK Forum. Always turn the dial and put your target temperature at High Noon. You can easily check the temp from across the deck and not have to get up from your comfy chaise lounger! Or more importantly, in the winter, just look out the window without having to go outside!