tinyfish

Kobe/Wagyu beef

Can you pick out the Wagyu beef.2016-04-30 21.18.39.jpg

My butcher has started to carry Wagyu beef so I thought I would try one. This particular striploin has a marble score of 9.2016-04-30 21.18.14.jpg 

A simple coat of olive oil and seasoned with just a touch Smokin Guns Mild rub. 

I reversed seared the steaks. The two steaks that went on first are my two since I liked my meat more cooked.

2016-05-01 16.17.22.jpg

I removed the steaks while Sinister got to searing temps. The high fat content of the Wagyu caused a slight flare up while the dome was open.20160501_172403.jpg

Plated with a baked potato and rappini.2016-05-01 18.28.00.jpg

This was one of the most tender steaks I have ever eaten and the taste was outstanding. I don't know how I'm going to eat regular steak again.

1 hour ago, bosco said:

Tony that looks great.  Where did you go to grab that? It may be worth the drive.  How much are we talking per steak??

That steak came from The Cheese Boutique. It costs $68/pound. A local butcher shop in Nobleton also has Wagyu for a better price $39 or $49  depending if its a striploin or rib steak.