MacKenzie

Chicken Wing Dinner

I thought I was going to be using my wing rack until I cut open the package and found separated wings. :(

But before doing the wings prepared the last of the 2015 squash from my garden. Sliced and cleaning out he seeds and stringy pulp.

Last Squash.jpg

Dressed with butter, maple syrup, and black pepper.

Dressed Squash.jpg

Added wedge potatoes, onion and wings to the grill.   Grilled at 375F until done about 45 mins.

Wings are done. Cooked these at 375F for 45 mins.

Grilled Wings.jpg

Done and plated. .:) 

Dinner.jpg

Wing Dinner.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 2

Wow...MacK you must have a cold/root cellar?   Nice to eat your own grown 1/2 year or more from picking?   Good on you...nothing better than home grown.   

And your post reminds me:   Its been too long since I last cooked wings.   Your's are sure tasty-licious looking!   

Edited by dstr8

Oh man that squash looked so good. I have problem though, every time I come to the forum I get really hungry and have to go out and get something to eat. I read a lot about chicken wings so guess I'll to try and make some as soon as my KK arrives.  oh guys and gals have a great day and a good long weekend and GOD bless all the men and women who gave they're lives for us and our country on this memorial day weekend; also a shout out to all you men and women who are protecting us past and present.

• Like 1

Bruce, when you try out your wings you won't believe how moist the meat is under the skin. For the last batch I did all put some spices, herbs on an set them on the grill set at 350-375F for about 45 mins. I couldn't have been any simpler. If you were doing the special you would pay more attention to preparation but this was just an easy tasty cook. :) The KK will keep your foods more moist  than you might expect.