AJR

23 Ultimate on the way

TelTru is in Rochester, New York and was shut down by the governor.  I bought everything on Amazon and a few online grill stores and still ran out.  I have 100 on order but will still be  few weeks they say.  These are the least offensive ones I could easily buy scores of. Of course I’ll send out the proper TelTru when I get them.

image.thumb.png.3dfdc4161406571acf7c773fa5597572.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, AJR said:

Thanks Dennis, that would be terrific.  We live in a crazy world right now, so it's understandable.

@AJR you cooking on that bad boy today? Cmon fire something up!

Your KK looks great. Tons to start enjoying that bad boy. If you need any help getting set up hit me up I’ll be around all day 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Strange happenings -

Burn-in went fine, had about a dozen spots venting.  Shut her down after about 14 hours. Patched some of the holes/grout this morning.  

However I just went out to start my first cook and it seems like the double latch is no longer working. It appears to lock/latch after just one notch. I swear yesterday it was a distinct double latch with the second one being harder, but today...only one. Anyone ever have that happen to them?  When it is latched, the metal latch does appear to be flush against the KK, so there’s no room to push it further. I don’t think it’s user error, but that is always a possibility with me.

5 minutes ago, AJR said:

Strange happenings -

Burn-in went fine, had about a dozen spots venting.  Shut her down after about 14 hours. Patched some of the holes/grout this morning.  

However I just went out to start my first cook and it seems like the double latch is no longer working. It appears to lock/latch after just one notch. I swear yesterday it was a distinct double latch with the second one being harder, but today...only one. Anyone ever have that happen to them?  When it is latched, the metal latch does appear to be flush against the KK, so there’s no room to push it further. I don’t think it’s user error, but that is always a possibility with me.

Take a couple of good pics and upload them @AJR

a couple of shots that show the latch and the cam would be good.

Edited by Wingman505

That looks perfect my friend.  😊. If the latch is freely hanging when the lid is open, it should catch the first position and not compress the gasket.  The second push position slightly compresses the gasket and locks it down.  I think it looks good to go.

Edited by Wingman505
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks like it has settled in the double latched position AJR- that’s where you want it for cooks.
Keep an eye that no smoke is leaking out around the lid.
No problem if there is, plenty here have adjusted their lids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When it's in the "2nd position" can you wiggle the handle of the KK at all? If it doesn't move, you're OK. I'd watch it going forward, as you might need to do an adjustment on it. It's very simple, but the one thing to understand, you ONLY adjust the bottom piece. Even though the handle piece has bolts on it, it's actually welded in place and not adjustable. To do the adjustment, you just loosen the 2 nuts on each side, gently tap down on the catch with a piece of wood (need to be careful that you don't crack a tile with something more robust like a hammer), re-tighten the 2 bolts and check it for tightness. The assemble doesn't move much, only a few mm. If you get it too tight, so it's really hard to latch into the 2nd position, loosen the nuts and tap upwards just a hair, then re-tighten. (Rinse, repeat!) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good info on the latches here.
Sometimes my latch will pop open to the first position, after I’ve fully closed it. I’ve found that I have to rotate the cam a little and then close it to the second position again and wait a few seconds to see if it’ll pop open again.
Anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 3:44 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

TelTru is in Rochester, New York and was shut down by the governor.  I bought everything on Amazon and a few online grill stores and still ran out.  I have 100 on order but will still be  few weeks they say.  These are the least offensive ones I could easily by scores of. Of course I’ll send out the proper TelTru when I get them.

Look-y what just showed up.

image.thumb.png.4bbca793d354dbd0445cbc01b97ba562.png

Thank you, Dennis!

• Like 5