BOC

Hello from Michigan

On 12/15/2020 at 6:11 PM, BOC said:

@SSgt93 Southwest Michigan in Portage. A town once unknown by almost everyone and we’d usually say Kalamazoo. But now that the COVID vaccine is rolling out I’m betting many more of the forum will have heard of Portage.

Love GR. Great town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi BOC, Portage is my hometown too!  Of course when I lived there Pfizer was Upjohn, so that dates me a bit.  I was born there, but moved away when I was 10, went to Waylee elementary, older brother graduated from Portage Central.  My oldest brother was principal at Moorsbridge.  I go back once a year to see family, it's a lot different but as long as I can get an olive burger at West Lake Drive Inn, I'm happy.

Hi BOC, Portage is my hometown too!  Of course when I lived there Pfizer was Upjohn, so that dates me a bit.  I was born there, but moved away when I was 10, went to Waylee elementary, older brother graduated from Portage Central.  My oldest brother was principal at Moorsbridge.  I go back once a year to see family, it's a lot different but as long as I can get an olive burger at West Lake Drive Inn, I'm happy.

You are going to be a sad man next visit...West Lake Drive In was sold this past year and the new owner has other plans for it. What is very cool though, is west lake is where I live. You’ve probably seen my house a dozen times, and never new it. If you ever happen to stop in for a French dip or some whitefish dip at Cove Lakeside Bistro next time you are in town, mine will be the one with a new vibrant blue 32” KK sitting out back between the two decks. (Hopefully I’ll have back there by then).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I lived about a 5 minute bike ride down Newells Lane from west lake, had a friend who lived on John Dr. and I would go there to swim and fish quite a bit. I heard rumors about the drive-in, was hoping it wasn't true, but that is a unique spot so I'm sure it is in high demand. I'll definitely hit Coveside next time, smoked whitefish dip and a cold beer always hit the spot.

• Like 1

Congrats on the delivery. 

2 hours ago, BOC said:

Too bad it will have to stay for a few weeks while I wait for this snow to melt a bit.

I'd be out there with a flame thrower, if necessary, to clear a path to its final home spot. Like the one vulture said to the other, "Patience, Hell! I'm ready to out and kill something myself!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1